Rich and velvety smooth Nama Chocolate made with quality chocolate and dairy cream, coated with pure cocoa powder. This almost Royce chocolate copycat is perfect for a decadent treat anytime, or for gifting!
- 200g couverture dark chocolate (50% – 55% cocoa content; or 60% – 70% for more bitter taste)
- 100ml dairy whipping cream
- 1 tsp liqueur (or 1/2 tsp vanilla extract), optional
- 10g unsweetened cocoa powder
- Roughly chop the dark chocolate and set aside in mixing bowl. You can skip this step if you are using button couverture. Line container or pan with parchment paper.
- Place cream and liqueur (or vanilla) in small saucepan, over low heat on stove. Stir occasionally with rubber spatula to prevent burning. Bring it to almost a boil, with small bubbles simmering along the sides of the saucepan.
- Immediately off heat and pour the hot cream into the bowl of chopped chocolate. Ensure you soak all of the chocolate with the hot cream, as much as possible. Let sit for a few seconds.
- Stir to mix the chocolate well with rubber spatula. If there are still chunks of chocolate not melted, and the chocolate ganache has cooled, place the bowl over hot water to melt the chocolate completely. You can also melt the chocolate in the microwave, in short intervals of 5 – 10 secs.
- Pour the chocolate ganache into prepared container or pan. Smooth the surface of the chocolate and tap container on counter top for a few times. Let cool completely before chilling in the fridge to set, for about 3 – 5 hours.
- Once chocolate has set, remove parchment paper. Cut into bite-size squares using a sharp knife. You can dip the knife into a tall glass of hot water for a clean cut. Wipe dry before cutting.
- Roll each pc of bite-size chocolate in cocoa powder to coat. Store in airtight container or gift box in the fridge for up to 7 days.
You can use any type of liqueur that you like, such as dark rum or brandy. You can also use vanilla extract.
I am using an 18cm x 12cm container.
- Prep Time: 10 Mins
- Chilling Time: 4 Hours
- Cook Time: 15 Mins
- Category: Chocolate
- Method: No-Bake
Keywords: Nama Chocolate, No-Bake, Chocolate