These lemon olive oil sugar cookies have slightly crisp edge with soft, chewy center. Perfectly sweetened and bursting with refreshing lemon flavor, it’s no surprise that kids will surely love these cookies!
- 135g plain flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 125g caster sugar
- 5 tbsp lemon infused olive oil
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Zest of 1/2 lemon, optional
- Caster Sugar
- Sift together plain flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt into a mixing bowl. Set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk together egg and sugar. Add olive oil and vanilla extract. Whisk to combine well.
- In the bowl of sifted dry ingredients, make a well in the centre. Pour in liquid ingredients mixed in Step (3), as well as lemon zest. Fold ingredients to combine well. It will give you a very soft dough, almost like a thick batter.
- Cover bowl with cling wrap and let rest for 10 mins. In the meanwhile, preheat oven to 175C. Line baking tray(s). Set aside.
- After 10 mins, scoop the dough by tablespoon and drop onto lined baking tray. Leave about 2-inch space in between the dough, to allow spreading in the oven. Sprinkle generously cookie dough surface with caster sugar.
- Bake in preheated oven at 175C for about 12 mins, or until the edges of cookies turn lightly browned.
- Cool baking tray on cooling rack for about 5 mins before transferring the cookies out of the tray to cool completely on rack.
- Store in airtight container for up to 3 days.
- Prep Time: 15 Mins
- Cook Time: 12 Mins
- Category: Cookies
- Method: Bake
Keywords: lemon, olive oil, cookies