If you’re looking for an easy and quick cookie recipe, here’s it! These are soft mocha mint cookies, especially delicious in this holiday season. You can expect a sweet cookie with subtle coffee flavor, filled with chocolatey goodness.
- 230g plain flour + 50g superfine wholegrain flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 and 1/2 tsp cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 and 1/2 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp instant coffee
- 170g unsalted butter, melted
- 150g light brown sugar
- 100g caster sugar
- 1 large egg + 1 egg yolk, room temperature
- 1 and 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 and 1/4 cup chocolate chips and/or chopped mint chocolate (reserve about 1/4 cup for topping)
- Whisk both flour, baking soda, cornstarch, salt, cocoa powder together in a large bowl. Set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk the melted butter, instant coffee, brown sugar and white sugar together until no lumps of brown sugar remain.
- Whisk egg and egg yolk into the wet mixture, followed by vanilla.
- Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients. Pour the wet ingredients in and mix well with a spatula. The cookie dough will be soft.
- Fold in chocolate chips and/or chopped mint chocolate. Reserve about 1/4 cup of mint choc for topping.
- Cover the dough with cling wrap. Chill for about 1 hour.
- Remove dough from refrigerator. If the dough is very hard, allow it to slightly soften at room temperature for 5-10 minutes. Preheat the oven to 160C. Line baking trays with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Measure cookie dough with a tablespoon. Roll the dough into balls of 1 tablespoon each (about 20-21g). You may need to use some pressure to compress the dough together if it is not sticking together well. Roll cookie dough balls to be taller (not flattened), to ensure cookies will not spread too thin.
- Place cookie dough onto baking trays. Ensure you leave sufficient space between each cookie, as they will spread after bake.
- Bake in preheated oven at 160C for 10-12 minutes. The cookies will look very soft and under-baked. For a crispier-edged cookie, bake for 12 minutes. The cookies will continue to bake on the tray when you remove them from the oven. Allow to cool on the tray for a few minutes before topping each cookie with reserved 1/4 cup of mint choc. Cool cookies completely.
If you do not have superfine wholegrain flour, you can use total of 280g plain flour.
You can increase or decrease the amount of chocolate chips and/or mint chocolate according to preference.
Recipe adapted with thanks from Sally’s Baking Addiction
- Category: Cookie
- Method: Bake
Keywords: Mocha Mint Cookies