Moist but fluffy coffee banana muffins with chocolate chips, and topped with chopped walnuts. Truly a deep, grown-up version for banana muffins. Enjoy them with a cup of coffee – yum!
- 200 g plain flour
- 60 g caster sugar
- 40 g brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 100 g melted butter, melted and cooled
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 280 g bananas, mashed (about 2 – 3 pcs)
- 6 tbsp instant coffee powder
- 90 g hot water
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 65 g semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 40 g walnuts, chopped coarsely
- Melt the butter and allow it to cool. Add coffee powder to hot water and mix well. Allow to cool completely.
- Preheat oven to 200C. Place liners into muffin pans.
- Whisk together flour, both sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a mixing bowl.
- Whisk together wet ingredients (melted butter, eggs, banana, coffee) in another mixing bowl.
- Make a well in center of the dry ingredients. Add the wet ingredients. Whisk together till there are no traces of flour left. Do not over-mix. Add in chocolate chips and mix briefly.
- Spoon or pour batter into liners to about 90% full. Sprinkle chopped walnuts on top.
- Bake in preheated oven at 200C for 15 – 20 mins, or until a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean. (There may be melted chocolate staining the skewer, so take note)
- Cool completely on cooling rack before storing in air tight container. These muffins taste better the next day.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Coffee Banana Muffins