These buttery cut-out cookies are sandwiched with strawberry jam. You can use any jam you prefer. Delicious to eat and easy to make!
- 100g unsalted butter, softened at room temperature
- 30g icing sugar
- 30g caster sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 150g top or cake flour
- 30g ground almond
- 10g milk powder (for baking use)
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Strawberry jam
- Whisk or beat together softened butter and both sugar in mixing bowl till pale and fluffy.
- Add in egg yolk and vanilla extract. Combine well.
- Add the dry ingredients. Mix with a rubber spatula in a cutting motion till the dough come together.
- Place dough into cling wrap and chill in the fridge for about 30 mins.
- Roll out the cookie dough after 30 mins (thickness about 4-5 mm). If the cookie dough is still soft, place cling wrap over the rolled out dough and chill for another 30 mins.
- Preheat oven to 170C. Using a round cutter (about 4.5cm wide), cut out cookie dough. Place onto lined baking tray. For 1/2 portion of the cut-out dough, use a smaller cutter to cut out the middle portion, which will be the top part of the sandwich cookies.
- Re-roll the cookie dough scraps a few times till all dough has been cut-out.
- Bake in preheated oven at 170C for about 10 mins, or until lightly browned on the edges.
- Cool completely on cooling rack before filling with jam.
- Drop a dollop of jam (about 3/4 tsp) in the middle of cookie. Place another pc of cookie on top. Store sandwiched cookies in container in the fridge if you are in a humid country.
Unfilled cookies will keep up to 2 weeks in room temperature.
Keep filled cookies in fridge if you are in a humid country, for up to 3 days.
Cookie dough can be made in advance and frozen. To thaw, place cookie dough in the fridge overnight before using.
Recipe adapted with thanks from HidaMari Cooking.
- Category: Cookies
Keywords: Strawberry Jam Sandwich Cookies