Easy no-churn strawberry swirl ice cream that you can make at home without an ice cream machine! Yay to easy cool treat in this hot weather!
- 255g condensed milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 335g dairy whipping cream
- 500g strawberries, hulled
- 60g caster sugar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp water
- Hull the strawberries and cut each strawberry into 4 pcs, or dice it.
- In a deep pot, toss together the cut strawberries, sugar, lemon juice and water. Set aside for 5-10 mins.
- Over the stove on medium-low heat, bring the strawberries to a boil, while stirring constantly. You may turn down the heat if it is boiling vigorously.
- Continue to simmer till the sauce thicken slightly. As it simmers, you can use your spatula or wooden spoon to break up the strawberries, by pressing against bottom of the pot.
- You can use the sauce as it cools, or prepare this 1 day ahead. We will be using about 1/2 portion of this strawberry sauce in the ice cream, or more if you like.
- In a large bowl using hand mixer or stand mixer, whip together the whipping cream, vanilla extract and salt, on medium-high speed until stiff peaks form. Add condensed milk and beat on low speed to combine.
- Pour about 1/3 of the ice cream mixture into a freezer safe container. Pour in a portion of the strawberry sauce, followed by ice cream mixture. Repeat.
- Reserve just a little amount of strawberry sauce to decorate the surface of the ice cream. This is because the strawberry sauce will turn “icy” after freezing. This helps easy scooping if it is not too “icy” on top.
- Dollop strawberry sauce on the surface. Swirl using a skewer or knife, cutting through the ice cream mixture.
- Freeze for 6 hours or overnight.
You can prepare the strawberry sauce 1 day in advance. We will be using only about 1/2 portion of the sauce (or to your preference). You can reserve the rest of the sauce as topping when you serve the ice cream.
Before you serve, leave the ice cream on countertop for a few mins before scooping, as it would be a little harder to scoop right out from the freezer.
- Category: Desserts
- Method: No-Bake
Keywords: Strawberry Swirl Ice Cream (No Churn)