- 500g strawberries, hulled
- 60g caster sugar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp water
- Hull the strawberries and cut each strawberry into 4 pcs (or halves if you prefer larger chunks).
- In a deep pot, toss together the cut strawberries, sugar, lemon juice and water. Set aside for 5-10 mins.
- Over the stove on medium-low heat, bring the strawberries to a boil, while stirring constantly. You may turn down the heat if it is boiling vigorously.
- Continue to simmer till the sauce thicken slightly. As it simmers, you can use your spatula or wooden spoon to break up the strawberries if you like, by pressing against bottom of the pot.
- You can use the sauce as it cools, or store the sauce in a clean container in the fridge for up to 5-7 days.
Strawberry sauce lasts in the fridge (in a clean container) for about 5-7 days. You can also freeze the sauce in a freezer safe container. Thaw in fridge overnight before using.
If you want a smooth consistency, break up the strawberries as it cooks; or use a blender to blend the sauce after cooking.
You can also use other types of berries instead of strawberries.
- Category: Sauce
- Method: Cook
Keywords: Strawberry Sauce