Moist carrot cake cupcakes with light and delicate crumbs and topped with tangy cream cheese frosting – not too heavy for a mid-day sweet treat!
- 155g plain flour
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- 120ml oil
- 150g caster sugar
- 55g brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp whole milk
- 200g finely grated carrots
- 82g cream cheese
- 42g butter, softened
- 60g icing sugar
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 175C. Prepare cupcake pan by placing liners.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together flour, ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk together oil, both sugar, eggs, vanilla extract and milk. Add in grated carrot and mix well.
- Add the dry ingredients into the bowl of wet ingredients. Mix till there is no trace of flour left. Do not over-mix.
- Scoop batter into prepared cupcake pan, filling about 3/4 full.
- Bake in preheated oven at 175C for 18-20 mins, or until an inserted skewer comes out clean.
- Cool completely before frosting.
- Using a handheld mixer, beat together cream cheese and butter.
- Sift in icing sugar and mix well.
- Whisk in vanilla extract.
- Frost and decorate cooled cupcakes as desired. Once frosting is done, let chill in the fridge for at least 30 mins for frosting to firm up (or overnight).