A light and refreshing Chinese dessert soup that is usually served in hot weather, to soothe and nourish the throat.
- 1L water
- 2 small red apples (or 1 medium or large size apple)
- 1 pc dried snow fungus, soaked
- 4 red dates
- A handful of dried longans (optional)
- 55g rock sugar
1. Bring the water to a boil in a pot.
2. Drain the snow fungus and cut away the hard part. Cut the softer parts into smaller pieces (about 4-6 pcs).
3. Add all ingredients into the water. Once it has come to a boil, bring down to a simmer for around 30-40 mins.
4. Add rock sugar and stir to dissolve. Serve warm, or chilled.
Recipe adapted from Nyonya Cooking.
If you prefer a sweeter soup, you can add about 70g of rock sugar instead.
For a crunchier snow fungus, boil the soup for about 25-30 mins. If you prefer a slightly thicker soup and soft snow fungus, boil for about 40-45 mins.
- Category: Dessert
Keywords: Chinese Sweet Soup