Make these melt-in-mouth pineapple tarts, that are not overly sweet, using just 5 main ingredients. Condensed milk is the trick to easy milky melt-in-mouth tarts.
- 175g unsalted butter, softened
- 50g condensed milk
- 255g plain flour
- 1 egg yolk
- 400g pineapple jam
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tsp oil
- Prepare pineapple jam balls by portioning and rolling 8g x 50 pcs. Place into airtight container, with cling wrap separating each layer. Set aside in fridge.
- Prepare egg wash by mixing and straining the egg yolks and oil. Set aside.
- Using an electric or handheld mixer, cream together butter and condensed milk till it is light and fluffy.
- Add in egg yolk and beat well.
- Sift in flour and mix till the dough comes together. The dough should be soft and not sticky.
- Preheat oven to 165C. Prepare baking trays by lining with baking paper.
- Portion dough into 10g x 50 pcs. Flatten a piece of dough and place rolled pineapple jam in the centre. Bring edges of dough together and press lightly to seal edges. Roll between your palm to make into round ball.
- Place onto lined baking tray. Repeat for all portion of dough and jam.
- Apple egg wash with brush on to top of dough. Ensure the egg wash do not drip down onto the tray, otherwise the bottom of pineapple tarts may burn when baked.
- Bake in preheated oven at 165C for 20-23 mins, or till egg wash turns golden brown.
- Cool completely before storing in airtight containers.
- Method: Bake
Keywords: Pineapple Tarts