This loaf of eggless cherry crumb quick bread is an easy and quick bake, which is great for breakfast or snack for tea! The recipe below also includes substitution for vegan version.
- 37g plain flour
- 8g ground almond
- 50g caster sugar
- 37g unsalted butter, melted
- 6g sliced almonds
- 1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 155g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 120ml whole milk
- 75g caster sugar
- 60g natural, unsweetened full fat yogurt
- 35g oil
- 3/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 100g quartered cherries
- Whisk together all ingredients, except butter, for crumb topping in a medium mixing bowl. Add in melted butter and combine well. It should look crumbly. Set aside or chill in fridge for a couple of mins if topping is very soft.
- Preheat oven to 190C. Grease and line loaf pan.
- In a medium mixing bowl, sift together plain flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar and salt.
- In another large mixing bowl, whisk together milk, yogurt, oil, vanilla extract.
- Make a well in dry ingredients bowl, and add in wet ingredients. Gently mix till a thick batter is formed. Do not overmix.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan. Top with quartered cherries. Crumble and scatter crumb topping. Bake in preheated oven at 190C for 40-45 mins, or until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Let cool completely on cooling rack.
For vegan version, replace yogurt and milk with non-dairy ones. Use coconut oil instead of melted butter for crumb topping.
- Category: Mixing
Keywords: Quick Bread