Make this easy eggless cherry crumb quick bread to enjoy over breakfast or snack for tea! The recipe below also includes substitution for vegan version.
- 37g plain flour
- 8g ground almond
- 50g caster sugar
- 37g unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 6g sliced almonds, crushed slightly
- 1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 155g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 120ml whole milk
- 75g caster sugar
- 60g natural, unsweetened full fat yogurt
- 35g oil
- 3/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 100g cherries, pitted and quartered
- Whisk together all ingredients, except butter, for crumb topping in a medium mixing bowl. Add in melted butter and combine well. It should look crumbly. Set aside or chill in fridge for a couple of mins if topping is very soft.
- Preheat oven to 190C. Grease and line loaf pan.
- In a medium mixing bowl, sift together plain flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar and salt.
- In another large mixing bowl, whisk together milk, yogurt, oil, vanilla extract.
- Make a well in dry ingredients bowl, and add in wet ingredients. Gently mix till a thick batter is formed. Do not overmix.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan. Top with quartered cherries. Crumble and scatter crumb topping. Bake in preheated oven at 190C for 40-45 mins, or until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Let cool completely on cooling rack.
For vegan version, replace yogurt and milk with non-dairy ones. Use coconut oil instead of melted butter for crumb topping.
- Category: Mixing
Keywords: Quick Bread