Air-fried crispy prawns tossed in tangy, creamy mayonnaise sauce. Serve together with pineapple cubes for a refreshing appetizer!
- 15 – 18 Tiger Prawns (About 580 – 600g, in shells)
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- Dash of White Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Oil
- 1 Egg, Beaten
- 6 tbsp cornstarch
- Oil, for brushing (air-frying)
- 3 rings of canned pineapple slices (about half can)
- 2.5 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 – 2 tsp honey
- 1 – 2 tsp lemon juice
- Clean the prawns, remove the shells and devein by slitting along the curved side of prawn.
- Marinate prawns with salt, white pepper and oil. Set aside in fridge for about 20 mins.
- Preheat air-fryer to 200C. Prepare mayonnaise sauce by mixing mayonnaise, honey and lemon juice in a mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Prepare pineapple cubes by cutting the canned pineapple slices into smaller pieces. Set aside.
- After marinating, coat prawns in beaten egg, followed by cornstarch. Ensure prawns are coated well in beaten egg before coating with cornstarch.
- Place prepared prawns in preheated air-fryer in single layer. Brush on some oil and air-fry at 200C for 3 mins. After 3 mins, check that surface of prawns are golden brown. Flip over and brush with some oil. Air fry for another 2 – 3 mins. Check that both sides of prawns are golden brown.
- Toss cooked prawns in prepared mayonnaise sauce to coat well. Add in pineapple cubes and toss slightly.
- Plate and serve immediately or warm.
If you do not have air-fryer, you can deep fry the prawns for 1-3 mins.
I’ve used 1 tsp of honey and 2 tsp of lemon juice here. You can tweak the amount of honey and lemon juice according to your taste preference.
I’ll recommend you to add in 1 tsp of honey and 1 tsp of lemon juice first. Taste and check if you prefer a sweeter or more tangy taste. Do note that the sauce should taste more sourish on its own; the sour taste will tone down after tossing with prawns.
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Air Fry