These cashew almond cookies are dense, and have a melt-in-mouth texture! Celebrate this Chinese New Year with these healthier cookies made with natural cashew nut butter and are less sweet.
Cashew Almond Cookies
- 50g cake or top flour
- 13g icing sugar
- 30g unsweetened natural cashew nut butter*
- 40g ground almond
- 16g oil
- 1 Egg yolk
- 1 tsp milk
- Preheat oven to 150C. Prepare baking tray by lining with baking paper.
- Prepare egg wash by straining egg yolk and mix together with the milk. Set aside in the fridge.
- Sift flour and icing sugar to mixing bowl. Add in ground almond and cashew nut butter.
- Whisk till well combined.
- Add in oil in 2 batches and mix till well incorporated. You will see coarse crumbs in the mixing bowl.
- Using your hands, press the crumbs together to form into a dough. If the crumbs are too dry to form a dough, you may drizzle in a little oil (add 1/4 tsp at one time) to make the dough come together more easily.
- Portion the dough into 10g each. Roll into balls and place onto prepared baking tray.
- When all the dough are rolled into balls, egg wash the top surface of each ball carefully. Do not let the egg wash drip down, otherwise the bottom of the cookie may be burnt after baking.
- Bake in preheated oven at 150C for about 20-22 mins. Cool cookies in baking tray first. When tray feels warm to touch, transfer cookies to cooling rack to cool completely. Store in airtight container.
You can also use unsweetened natural peanut butter if you do not have cashew nut butter.
To make it a dairy-free option, replace milk in egg wash with water.
- Category: Cookies
- Method: Mixing