Thick, gooey and fudgey cookies in slightly spiced flavors, great for the holidays! Inspired by the Levain Bakery, sink your teeth into these deliciously sweet Christmas White Chocolate NY Cookies. Best eaten while warm, with your favorite holiday beverage!
- 125g unsalted butter, softened at room temperature
- 75g caster sugar
- 100g dark or light brown sugar
- 1 medium or large egg
- 1.25 tsp vanilla extract
- 280g plain flour
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 300g white chocolate (coarsely chopped feves or bar, or white choc chips) – Reserve 1/4 aside
- Place softened butter and both sugar in a mixing bowl. Beat together until mixture is pale, light and fluffy.
- Add egg and vanilla extract into the mixture and beat well.
- Mix in the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and spices) till cookie dough forms.
- Add in chocolate (reserve 1/4 for topping) and mix till well distributed in the dough.
- Chill dough for about 20-30 mins. While dough is chilling, preheat oven to 180C fan mode.
- After resting the dough, weigh and divide equally into 8 portions.
- Roll the cookie dough into round balls. Do not flatten. Place reserved white chocolate on the top of each dough.
- Place cookie dough onto lined baking tray. Be sure to leave enough space in between as these cookies spread quite a bit. Bake in preheated oven (180C fan mode) for 12-13 mins.
- Once baked, cool on cooling rack.
If you like the taste of cinnamon, you can use up to 1 tsp for ground cinnamon.
To serve, eat it when it’s slightly warm. For baked cookies that are cooled completely, simply preheat oven to 180C and bake for 2-3 mins or turn the oven off and warm up the cookies for about 5 mins.
Recipe adapted with thanks from Jane Patisserie
- Prep Time: 20 Mins
- Cook Time: 13 Mins