Simple and delicious Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies.
Easy one-bowl recipe, featuring thick and chewy peanut butter cookies,
made with natural peanut butter and other simple ingredients!
Just like classic chocolate chip cookies, you’ll need this peanut butter cookie recipe in your basic cookie recipe collection!
This peanut butter chocolate chip cookie is really easy, and we’re using natural creamy peanut butter here, for a healthier version of peanut butter cookies.
Earlier, I was really excited to receive a series of Fix and Fogg nut butters, as we have always enjoyed their peanut butter with bread toast! We find the peanut butter really smooth and thick, with a nice and strong peanut aroma. I’m always happy to find their peanut butter not drying up, even after storing in fridge.
You’ll be happy to find the same fragrant peanut butter aroma in the cookie jar with these cookies!
Fix & Fogg Nut Butters
Fix & Fogg was started by Roman and Andrea Jewell when they were expecting their first child. Previously both lawyers, they made the choice to leave behind the corporate life and dedicate their time and energy to creating delicious nut butters with meaning.
You can find a range of premium nut butters with Fix & Fogg – original as well as flavored ones (like chocolate almond butter!). I particularly love the taste and aroma from their nut butters. Not surprising, this is due to the selection of the best ingredients, specific roast and expertise to get the right grind for their products.
All Fix & Fogg nut butters are packaged in recyclable glass jars, metal lids, easy-peel labels. You won’t find additives in their nut butters – no palm oil, no added sugar. The nut butters are also GMO free, vegan and keto-friendly.
How Can I Make These Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies?
You can make these cookies in a bowl, with simple ingredients in your pantry, in just a few steps!
- Stir together the natural creamy peanut butter and sugar.
- Add in milk and vanilla.
- Fold in flour, baking soda and choc chips.
- Portion onto lined baking tray
- Bake, cool and munch!
How Many Ingredients Do I Need?
You need only 7 ingredients. Most of these are commonly found in pantry, so you can make them easily whenever you may have some peanut butter cookie craving!
- Natural Peanut Butter – I am using Fix & Fogg smooth peanut butter here.
- Sugar – Use caster sugar for baking.
- Whole Milk
- Vanilla Extract
- Plain Flour
- Baking Soda
- Chocolate Chips – If you don’t have chocolate chips, you can just make the cookies without choc chips!
>> OTHER COOKIE RECIPES:
How Do These Cookies Taste Like?
YUM! Despite the easy steps to make them, they taste really delicious! My kids love them a lot with milk, while I enjoy a piece of this thick, chewy cookie when I get peckish in between meals.
The cookies are thick and soft, with slightly crispy edges. Enjoy sinking your teeth into the nice, chewy centre!
I find them not super sweet, so you don’t need to reduce sugar any further.
Do I Need To Chill and Rest The Cookie Dough?
Nope! I didn’t chill mine. You can bake it straight after making the dough and ease your cookie craving quickly :p
However, if your kitchen is quite hot, and you see that the peanut butter cookie dough being quite oily, then you can chill the dough for about 20 mins before rolling into balls.
Storing The Cookies
You can keep the peanut butter cookies in airtight container for about 3-4 days. If you want them to last longer, you can store in the fridge for about 1 – 2 weeks.
Otherwise, you can also freeze the dough by rolling into balls. Place the balls on lined baking tray and freeze till hardened. Transfer the cookie dough balls into ziplock bags. Keep for about 1 month. You do not need to thaw the cookie dough before baking. Simply bake as usual, add about 3-5 mins further to bake time.
Simple and delicious Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies. Easy one-bowl recipe, featuring thick and chewy peanut butter cookies, made with natural peanut butter and other simple ingredients!
- 240g natural peanut butter (smooth / crunchy)
- 220g caster sugar
- 90ml milk
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 120g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 150g chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 175C. Line baking tray.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the peanut butter and sugar. Whisk till creamy and thick.
- Stir in milk and vanilla. Add flour and baking soda. Fold to combine well. Just before dough comes together (with just some traces of white flour left), add in chocolate chips. Fold well.
- Scoop dough out in about 1.5 tbsp size. Roll into balls. Place the balls of dough on a baking sheet (leave spaces apart between each cookie). Flatten each cookie dough slightly.
- Bake in preheated oven 175C for 11 – 15 minutes. I baked for about 13 mins with slightly crispy edges and chewy center. Once baked, let cool on wire rack. Transfer cookies after a few mins to cool completely on wire rack. Store in airtight container.
You can use either smooth or crunchy natural peanut butter. I used the smooth (creamy) one here.
- Category: Cookie
- Method: Mixing
Disclaimer: I have received jars of Fix & Fogg nut butters for this post. All opinions are of my own and no remuneration has been received for this post.