A clear, nourishing and detoxifying bowl of Chinese soup. Frequently prepared during hot weather, as the white radish is believed to have some “cooling” properties on our bodies.
- 120g – 140g pork ribs, blanched
- 1 sweet corn, cut into pcs
- 1 radish, peeled and cut into chunks
- 3 – 4 pcs of red dates
- Handful of ikan bilis (about 1/2 of a rice bowl), rinsed
- 2 pcs of dried scallops (optional)
- 700ml water
- Salt, to taste (optional)
- Bring the 700ml water to a boil in a pot.
- Once water has boiled, put in all ingredients.
- Bring water to a roaring boil. Continue to boil for about 20 mins.
- Lower heat to low and continue simmering for 2-3 hours. (Or if you are using thermal pot, move inner pot to outer pot in this step)
- You may season with some salt for taste before serving. Serve soup warm with some dishes and / or white steamed rice.
You can use pork soup bones / pork ribs / prime ribs, or chicken bones or a combi of both bones.
Blanch bones in boiling hot water for 5-10 mins to remove blood and scum.
- Category: Soup
- Method: Boiling
- Cuisine: Chinese
Keywords: Chinese Soup