This rich almond cranberry butter loaf cake features soft and fine crumbs with the addition…
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure for more info.
Moist and tender pumpkin butter cake with chocolate swirls, topped with pumpkin seeds. A less sweet buttery cake, which you’ll love even for a breakfast treat!
Are you someone who enjoys eating pumpkin?
Not really for myself and my kids though (ha!). Pumpkin has a lot of nutritional values for health benefit, so I thought it could be a great way to incorporate pumpkin into bakes!
How Does This Pumpkin Swirl Butter Cake Taste Like?
If you love moist and tender cakes, you’ll love this pumpkin butter cake!
It has a nice buttery scent without the overly greasy texture. With the addition of pumpkin puree, you’ll know that the crumbs are soft and moist! I also love the touch of chocolate batter swirled on top, with some pumpkin seeds crunch.
I find the taste gets better as it develop overnight, like most butter cakes, so do bake this a day ahead!
What Ingredients Do I Need?
We need just a few ingredients for this easy pumpkin swirl butter cake!
- Unsalted Butter: As usual for butter cakes, soften the butter slightly in normal room temperature. You can cut and weigh the butter, and leave them to soften as you prepare the rest of the ingredients. If your environment is not overly hot, the butter should be softened properly by the time you prep the ingredients.
- Caster Sugar: This cake is not really sweet, so do not cut the sugar anymore.
- Eggs: Use medium sized eggs, about 55-60g each.
- Milk: Use whole milk, not the low fat ones. You can use either fresh or UHT whole milk.
- Flour: You can also use self-raising flour instead of plain flour + baking powder. Simply omit baking powder if you are using self-raising flour.
- Mashed Pumpkin: Steam the pumpkin for about 15 – 18 mins and mash them while it is still hot. Let the mashed pumpkin cool down completely before using.
- Cocoa Powder: The cocoa batter will add some color and flavor to this cake, so don’t leave it out! 🙂
>> MORE DELICIOUS CAKE RECIPES:
- Chocolate Wacky Cake
- Lemon Cranberries Yogurt Cake
- Apricot Cranberries Loaf Cake
- Orange Chiffon Cake
- Gula Melaka Sponge Cake
Is This Pumpkin Swirl Butter Cake Easy to Make?
Yes! If you are familiar with the basic creaming method, this butter cake is really easy to prepare.
We will just need to cream the softened butter with sugar together, till it lightens in color and looks fluffy. After that we will be alternating wet ingredients with the dry ingredients.
Finally you will just need to bake in an 8″ square pan for about 30-35 mins, or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean, or with just a few dry crumbs.
Can I Bake The Butter Cake in Loaf Pans?
I’m using a 8″ x 8″ pan for this cake. But if you do not have a square pan, you can also bake it in a round pan, or loaf pans (you might need 2 loaf pans)! Just note that you might need to make some adjustments to the baking time.