This easy butter chicken pasta has tender and flavorful chicken meat, cooked in a tangy, spiced yogurt marinade. You don’t need many different spices for the butter chicken. Great for a quick meal! Save this easy to make meal for laters!
- 200g chicken fillet or boneless skinless chicken thigh
- 2 cloves of garlic, grated or crushed
- 4 tbsp tomato paste
- 2.5 tbsp natural unsweetened yogurt
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 10g unsalted butter
- 1 pack Shimeiji mushroom, cut (optional)
- Choice of your pasta, prepared according to package
- Olive oil
- Prepare chicken by cutting into bite-sized pieces.
- Place garlic, tomato paste, yogurt, curry powder, salt into a container or ziplock bag. Add in chicken and mix thoroughly.
- Let chicken sit in marinade, in the fridge, for at least 3 hours, or preferably overnight.
- Heat pan with butter. Saute diced onion till fragrant. Add in marinated chicken, along with the marinade sauce.
- When chicken pieces are cooked on the outside (ie. no more pink meat visible on the outside), push chicken to side of pan. Add in mushrooms and stir fry till soften slightly.
- Turn up heat to medium-high. Stir fry and coat the chicken pieces and mushrooms with sauce till well cook. Please ensure that you let sauce come to a boil (large bubbles), before turning down heat to simmer the sauce. Stir constantly.
- You will notice the color of the sauce/meat turn to a darker shade of orange and the sauce reduces to a thicker sauce. You can take the pan off heat when this happens.
- Prepare pasta according to package
- Once boiled till al dente, drain pasta and toss in olive oil to prevent sticking and drying out.
- Serve pasta with butter chicken and sauce on top. Garnish with parsley if needed.
- You can use natural, unsweetened full fat yogurt or greek yogurt.
- If you do not have tomato paste (tinned), you can also replace with ketchup or pasta sauce. You might need to use a little lesser salt if you do replace with ketchup.
- If you prefer a spicy curry, you can add in about 1 tsp of chili powder or cayenne pepper powder into the marinade. Or sprinkle with some chili flakes when you serve the dish.
- As we use the marinade to cook, please ensure you bring the sauce to a boil before turning down heat to simmer the sauce, to kill off bacteria that may be present in the marinade (from the raw meat).
- Serving Size: 2 Adults