This cranberries apricot loaf cake recipe is similar to a pound cake recipe, just that…
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure for more info.
This rich almond cranberry butter loaf cake features soft and fine crumbs with the addition of ground almond. You may like this for a hearty afternoon tea or breakfast!
Do you enjoy eating traditional butter cakes from old school neighbourhood bakeries? Those butter cakes that are full of buttery aroma, slightly oily but you know you’ll enjoy the rich, moist and fine crumbs?
Most of the time, I avoid baking cakes that contain a higher amount of butter (trying to be healthier :p). Since I didn’t have much time on hand, I opted for a quick recipe that didn’t require a lot of ingredients. The fine texture of this almond cranberry butter loaf cake surprised me!
若想阅读中文版本，请在网页的右边 “Google Translate” 点击选择 中文简体 (Chinese Simplified）或 繁体 (Chinese Traditional) 翻译。可能食谱读起来会怪怪的，所以如果有疑问都可以问哦！
How Do We Make This Cake?
Firstly, this recipe uses the basic creaming method – which is to beat the butter and sugar together till pale and fluffy. Make sure you do this step with softened butter (not melted), and beat till the colour of the mixture lightens.
Then we will add in 1/2 portion of the liquid ingredients, alternating with dry ingredients, till all ingredients are added in. As we add in the dry ingredients, do ensure that you do not overmix – mix just till you see no traces of white flour.
You can do this with a handheld mixer. If you do not have a handheld mixer, you can also use a whisk. Just ensure that you whisk till the butter lightens in colour.
I am using a loaf pan that is about 10″ x 2″ x 2″.
How Does This Butter Cake Taste Like?
This loaf cake feels a little oilier than the other loaf cakes I’ve posted before, probably due to the butter and ground almond. So this brings a richer texture, which yields soft and fine crumbs. I find this butter cake quite close to those traditional butter cakes’ taste and texture. So if you love the old school butter cakes, you’ll probably love this too!
>> MORE EASY CAKE RECIPES
>> MORE DRIED CRANBERRY RECIPES
What Ingredients Do I Need?
- Unsalted Butter – I like to use unsalted butter so that I can control the salt in the recipe. Use a good quality butter to bring a creamy and fragrant taste to the cake!
- Ground Almond – The ground almond helps to impart more moisture, due to the fat content, as well as fragrance to the cake. If you do not have ground almond, you can substitute with same amount of flour. There may be slight difference to the texture and taste.
- Milk – Always use whole milk in baking recipes for better texture (not skimmed, not low-fat).
- Baking Powder – You can use plain flour with baking powder, or simply use self-raising flour if you have them in your pantry.
- Eggs – Use medium sized eggs, about 55g – 60g weight.
How Can I Store This Cake?
This cake will taste better after allowing the taste to fully develop overnight. You can wrap the cake with cling wrap, to prevent drying out, and place it into a container. Store overnight, at normal room temperature.
The cake should be fine in room temperature for 2-3 days; though I have eaten it on the 4th day :p