- 250 g bread flour
- 10 g milk powder (full cream, for baking use)
- 3 g instant yeast
- 160 g egg + passion fruit juice* (chilled)
- 34 g sugar
- 2 g salt
- 30 g unsalted butter (chilled)
- 55 g dried cranberries (soaked for 5 min, drained and pat dry)
- Crack egg into a bowl on weighing scale. Top up with passion fruit juice till 160g. Set aside (chilled).
- Place all ingredients, except butter and cranberries into mixing bowl or bread machine inner pan. Knead dough for about 3-4 mins. As the dough starts to come together, add in chilled butter. After kneading for further 6-7 mins, add in dried cranberries. Knead dough to window pane stage.
- Remove dough from mixing bowl or inner pan. Dust lightly on your working surface. Roll out dough to a rectangular shape. Swiss roll up the dough and place into prepared bread loaf tin.
- Cover loaf tin with a clean, damp cloth or clingwrap. Leave to proof until 90% full in loaf tin. (It may take about 1+h)
- When dough is nearing 90% full, preheat oven to 175C. Bake in preheated oven, on 2nd lowest rack for 30-37 mins. Halfway through the baking (about 15 mins time), check the loaf to see if it is browning. If color of loaf is turning dark, tent the top with a pc of aluminum foil or baking paper.
- Once bread is baked and nicely browned, let cool completely on wire rack before storing. Slice only when bread is completely cool and on day of eating.
You can use fresh passion fruit juice, or you can do the same as me: dissolve 2.5 tsp passion fruit powder in 113g warm water. Let chilled before using.
- Category: Bread, Breakfast