Soft and fluffy one-proof passion fruit loaf bread, with sourish-sweet dried cranberries for a refreshing, fruity taste.
This is a simple passion fruit cranberry loaf bread, made using the Killer Toast recipe.
I always like this recipe because I don’t need to proof twice, so I can just make the dough first, and leave it to proof till about 85-90% full before baking. In between I can always do my chores, cooking or just laze around at home.
若想阅读中文版本，请在网页的右边 “Google Translate” 点击选择 中文简体 (Chinese Simplified）或 繁体 (Chinese Traditional) 翻译。可能食谱读起来会怪怪的，所以如果有疑问都可以问哦！
What Ingredients Are Used in This Bread?
- Passion Fruit Juice – You can use fresh passion fruit juice by pressing out the juice, or you can do the same as me by stirring in some passion fruit freeze dried powder in water.
- Egg – You will need to combine one egg and passion fruit juice to yield total 160g liquid to be used in the recipe. Use a medium sized egg, around 55-60g.
- Milk Powder – Use the milk powder for baking use, full cream type. If you don’t have milk powder on hand, it is also ok to omit it.
- Dried Cranberries – You can soak the dried cranberries briefly in warm water before using.
Do remember to chill all liquid ingredients, such as the juice, egg and butter, as bread dough proof optimally at around 23-24C. I forgot to chill the juice after mixing the freeze dried powder with some warm water. So I find the texture of the bread this round not as good as before.
>> MORE BREAD RECIPES:
Passion Fruit Cranberry Loaf Bread
- 250 g bread flour
- 10 g milk powder full cream, for baking use
- 3 g instant yeast
- 160 g egg + passion fruit juice* chilled
- 34 g sugar
- 2 g salt
- 30 g unsalted butter chilled
- 55 g dried cranberries soaked for 5 min, drained and pat dry
- Crack egg into a bowl on weighing scale. Top up with passion fruit juice till 160g. Set aside (chilled).
- Place all ingredients, except butter and cranberries into mixing bowl or bread machine inner pan. Knead dough for about 3-4 mins. As the dough starts to come together, add in chilled butter. After kneading for further 6-7 mins, add in dried cranberries. Knead dough to window pane stage.
- Remove dough from mixing bowl or inner pan. Dust lightly on your working surface. Roll out dough to a rectangular shape. Swiss roll up the dough and place into prepared bread loaf tin.
- Cover loaf tin with a clean, damp cloth or clingwrap. Leave to proof until 90% full in loaf tin. (It may take about 1+h)
- When dough is nearing 90% full, preheat oven to 175C. Bake in preheated oven, on 2nd lowest rack for 30-37 mins. Halfway through the baking (about 15 mins time), check the loaf to see if it is browning. If color of loaf is turning dark, tent the top with a pc of aluminum foil or baking paper.
- Once bread is baked and nicely browned, let cool completely on wire rack before storing. Slice only when bread is completely cool and on day of eating.