Easy one-bowl mix muffin in pandan flavor, topped with rich kaya and coconut.
These pandan kaya muffins are full of pandan and coconut aroma! Best of all, you simply need to mix the ingredients in a bowl with a whisk!
若想阅读中文版本，请在网页的右边 “Google Translate” 点击选择 中文简体 (Chinese Simplified）或 繁体 (Chinese Traditional) 翻译。可能食谱读起来会怪怪的，所以如果有疑问都可以问哦！
How Do These Muffins Taste Like?
These muffins are made using oil – you can use neutral tasting vegetable oil or coconut oil – so they taste better and are more moist the day after.
If you like light muffins with some bite, you would probably like these muffins!
This recipe uses more eggs than usual, so the baking powder gives the muffins quite a bit of lift there, for a fluffy texture. As the recipe uses slightly more baking powder, you can try to get aluminum-free baking powder so there’s no weird taste, and is probably “healthier”.
>> MORE MUFFIN RECIPES
What Ingredients Do I Need?
- Eggs – As mentioned above, the recipe uses more eggs than normal muffin recipes. You can use medium sized eggs, about 55g – 60g each.
- Milk – I am using pandan powder bought from Redmart previously for the pandan milk mixture (it’s now out of stock). You can also blend pandan leaves using milk. Otherwise, you can also use just fresh milk for vanilla flavored muffins. Use full fat milk for moist crumbs (not low fat or skimmed milk).
- Oil – I am using rice bran oil. You can use any neutral tasting vegetable oil, or coconut oil for a fuller coconut aroma.
- Baking Powder – Baking powder is important here to give the muffins a fluffy texture. If you can, do try to get aluminum-free baking powder.
- Top Flour – You can use either top flour or cake flour. If you cannot find top flour, you can also use plain flour. Simply sift the flour twice. The texture difference is not too obvious in muffins.
Pandan Kaya Muffins
- 4 Eggs 55g-60g, Room Temp
- 160 g Caster Sugar
- 100 g Oil Vegetable or Coconut Oil
- 80 g Pandan Milk
- 3/4 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 200 g Top or Cake Flour
- 2.5 tsp Baking Powder
- 2-3 tsp Kaya As Preferred, Optional
- Dessicated Coconut For Sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 170C. Line cupcake or muffin pan with 12 liners.
- Whisk eggs in mixing bowl briefly. Add sugar and whisk well.
- Add in oil and mix well to a thicker mixture.
- Whisk in pandan milk and vanilla. Mix well.
- Sift in flour and baking powder. Whisk till no visible trace of white flour left, and the batter should be fairly smooth.
- Pour batter into measuring jug. Distribute batter evenly in the cupcake pan, filling about 90% full.
- Place kaya into piping or ziplock bag. Snip off one corner and pipe onto surface of muffin batter. Sprinkle with dessicated coconut.
- Bake in preheated oven at 170C for 25-27 mins, or until a skewer inserted in the middle of muffin comes out clean or with fairly dry crumbs.
- Let cool completely on wire rack before storing.