Simple one-bowl mix pandan flavored muffins, topped with luscious kaya and dessicated coconut.
- 4 Eggs (55g-60g, Room Temp)
- 160 g Caster Sugar
- 100 g Oil (Vegetable or Coconut Oil)
- 80 g Pandan Milk
- 3/4 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 200 g Top or Cake Flour
- 2 & 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 2–3 tsp Kaya (As Preferred, Optional)
- Dessicated Coconut (For Sprinkling)
- Preheat oven to 170C. Line cupcake or muffin pan with 12 liners.
- Whisk eggs in mixing bowl briefly. Add sugar and whisk well.
- Add in oil and mix well to a thicker mixture.
- Whisk in pandan milk and vanilla. Mix well.
- Sift in flour and baking powder. Whisk till no visible trace of white flour left, and the batter should be fairly smooth.
- Pour batter into measuring jug. Distribute batter evenly in the cupcake pan, filling about 90% full.
- Place kaya into piping or ziplock bag. Snip off one corner and pipe onto surface of muffin batter. Sprinkle with dessicated coconut.
- Bake in preheated oven at 170C for 25-27 mins, or until a skewer inserted in the middle of muffin comes out clean or with fairly dry crumbs.
- Let cool completely on wire rack before storing.
1. You can use 1.5 tsp pandan powder + 80g milk or blend 20g pandan leaves with 85g milk before straining. In both cases, measure out 80g milk mixture. Pandan paste or emulco can also be used if you do not mind artificial flavoring. Otherwise you can use just fresh milk for vanilla flavor.
2. Homemade or store bought kaya can be used. You may also reduce sugar in this recipe slightly to 150g if you are topping with kaya.
- Category: Breakfast, Dessert
- Method: Mixing