This loaf of lemon cranberries yogurt cake is sunshine-y, tangy sweet that’s not too heavy.
Moist lemon butter cake lightened up with yogurt and dried cranberries.
Do you also like lemon and citrus flavors in your bakes? I do! So I really like the flavor combination in this lemon and dried cranberries butter cake. Tangy, but with a little sweetness.
若想阅读中文版本，请在网页的右边 “Google Translate” 点击选择 中文简体 (Chinese Simplified）或 繁体 (Chinese Traditional) 翻译。可能食谱读起来会怪怪的，所以如果有疑问都可以问哦！
How Does This Cake Taste Like?
I reduced the sugar slightly to about 75%, and I can really taste the sourish-sweet flavors from the lemon and yogurt! Not forgetting the chewiness from dried cranberries. I find this a refreshing cake to go with tea.
If you prefer somewhat sweeter taste, you can add more sugar – which you can read more in the recipe card below 🙂
This cake is also moist, probably from the yogurt, with delicate crumbs.
>> MORE LOAF CAKE RECIPES
How To Make This?
- Butter – I used a good quality French butter for this cake, and the flavor really shines through! You can try Elle & Vire, or for a more budget choice, Payson Breton is pretty good too! Personally I try to avoid Australia and European butters as I find them a little too greasy and heavy for me.
- Fresh Lemons – Use fresh lemon juice and zest for maximum flavors! I used the juice from 1 lemon here, which was about 55g.
- Yogurt – I use unsweetened, natural full fat yogurt. If you choose low fat yogurt, the cake may not turn out as delicate and moist due to the lack in fats content.
- Eggs – Use medium sized eggs which are about 55g – 60g.
Lemon Cranberry Yogurt Cake
- 175 g unsalted butter softened at room temperature
- 150 g caster sugar
- 3 eggs about 55-60g each, room temp
- 245 g plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 lemon zested and juiced
- 4 tbsp unsweetened yogurt bring to room temp as much as possible
- 65 g dried cranberries
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt together. Grease and line loaf pans. Preheat oven to 180C.
- Soak dried cranberries in warm water for 5 mins. Drain and pat dry using kitchen paper towel. Set aside. You may cut them if you wish.
- Placed softened butter in mixing bowl. Add sugar and beat at medium speed till light and fluffy. (About 3-4 mins)
- Add eggs one at a time. Beat well after each addition. Scrap down mixture while beating, to ensure mixture is mixed well, especially the bottom part of bowl.
- Add sifted dry ingredients and lemon zest in 3 batches. Fold in with each addition.
- Add in lemon juice and yogurt. Mix till well combined.
- Add in dried cranberries and mix well.
- Pour in batter equally into loaf pans. Using a spatula, smooth the top slightly.
- Bake in preheated oven at 175C for about 38-42 mins or till skewer inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven. Let cool in loaf pans for about 10 mins before removing to cool completely on cooling rack.
- Wrap loaves with cling wrap if not serving immediately.