This loaf of lemon cranberries yogurt cake is sunshine-y, tangy sweet that’s not too heavy.
Moist loaf of butter cake lightened up with yogurt and dried cranberries.
Do you also like lemon and citrus flavors in your bakes? I do! So I really like the flavor combination in this lemon and dried cranberries butter cake. The tangy flavor cuts through the sweetness in this cake.
若想阅读中文版本，请在网页的右边 “Google Translate” 点击选择 中文简体 (Chinese Simplified）或 繁体 (Chinese Traditional) 翻译。可能食谱读起来会怪怪的，所以如果有疑问都可以问哦！
How Does This Cake Taste Like?
I reduced the sugar slightly to about 75%, and I can really taste the sourish-sweet flavors from the lemon and yogurt! Not forgetting the chewiness from dried cranberries. I find this a refreshing cake to go with tea.
If you prefer a sweeter taste, you can use more sugar – which you can read more in the recipe card below 🙂
This cake is moist, probably from the yogurt, with delicate crumbs.
>> MORE LOAF CAKE RECIPES
How To Make This?
- Butter – I used a good quality French butter for this cake, and the flavor really shines through! You can try Elle et Vire, or for a more budget choice, Payson Breton is pretty good too! Personally I try to avoid Australia and European butters as I find them a little too greasy and heavy for me.
- Fresh Lemons – I used the juice from a fresh lemon, which was about 55g. I like to use Microplane to get the maximum zest out as well!
- Yogurt – I use unsweetened, natural full fat yogurt. If you choose low fat yogurt, the cake may not turn out as delicate and moist due to lesser fat content.
- Eggs – Use medium sized eggs which are about 55g – 60g.
This loaf of lemon cranberries yogurt cake is light and refreshing. Lemon butter cake lightened up with yogurt and dried cranberries.
- 175 g unsalted butter (softened at room temperature)
- 150 g caster sugar
- 3 eggs (about 55–60g each, room temp)
- 245 g plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 lemon (zested and juiced)
- 4 tbsp unsweetened yogurt (bring to room temp as much as possible)
- 65 g dried cranberries
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt together. Grease and line loaf pans. Preheat oven to 180C.
- Soak dried cranberries in warm water for 5 mins. Drain and pat dry using kitchen paper towel. Set aside. You may cut them if you wish.
- Placed softened butter in mixing bowl. Add sugar and beat at medium speed till light and fluffy. (About 3-4 mins)
- Add eggs one at a time. Beat well after each addition. Scrap down mixture while beating, to ensure mixture is mixed well, especially the bottom part of bowl.
- Add sifted dry ingredients and lemon zest in 3 batches. Fold in with each addition.
- Add in lemon juice and yogurt. Mix till well combined.
- Add in dried cranberries and mix well.
- Pour in batter equally into loaf pans. Using a spatula, smooth the top slightly.
- Bake in preheated oven at 175C for about 38-42 mins or till skewer inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven. Let cool in loaf pans for about 10 mins before removing to cool completely on cooling rack.
- Wrap loaves with cling wrap if not serving immediately.
Makes 2 mini loaves; loaf size about 17cm x 8cm x 6cm.
If you prefer a sweeter cake, increase sugar to 180 – 185g.
If top of cake browns too much towards the last 10 mins of baking, you can turn down temp to 170C and bake slightly longer.
Recipe adapted from Ellena.
- Category: Cakes, Dessert
- Method: Creaming
- Cuisine: American
PLEASE HELP TO RATE THE RECIPE IF YOU HAVE TRIED IT! QUESTIONS/FEEDBACK ABOUT THE RECIPE? FEEL FREE TO DROP YOUR COMMENT BELOW. CHECK OUT MY RECIPE INDEX FOR MORE RECIPES!
Disclosure: Some of the links contain affiliate links, meaning, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase, at no additional cost to you