These chocolate mint marshmallow cookies are bigger in size, with chewy centres and crispy outside.
Great treat for the holidays! 🙂
These chocolate mint marshmallow cookies have a rich chocolate taste, with gooey melty marshmallows inside! Do you enjoy this type of cookies too?
若想阅读中文版本，请在网页的右边 “Google Translate” 点击选择 中文简体 (Chinese Simplified）或 繁体 (Chinese Traditional) 翻译。可能食谱读起来会怪怪的，所以如果有疑问都可以问哦！
How Are These Cookies Like?
These cookies are made using the usual butter + sugar creaming method. After which we will mix in the egg, followed by dry ingredients. We will then add the mint chocolate and marshmallows (yum!) to mix well.
I am using Ghirardelli Peppermint Baking Chocolate. They are like white chocolate with mint flavor and goes very well with the dark chocolate taste. For the marshmallows, do get some good quality marshmallows so that the cookies will be gooey and full of melty goodness. Yum!
These cookies are big and quite flat. They will spread a lot in the oven, so be sure to leave enough space in between each cookie. You can roll the cookie dough into “taller” mounds to be placed on the baking tray, so that they do not spread too thin.
>> OTHER COOKIE RECIPES:
>> OTHER CHOCOLATE RECIPES:
What Ingredients Do I Need?
- Unsalted Butter – Unlike in cakes, butter in cookies are not as “important”, as cookies are generally quite light and do not taste greasy. So you can choose any type of butter that you may like. I realise French butter imparts a more subtle buttery scent to cookies. If you prefer a creamier type of taste, you can try out Elle et Vire. If you prefer a more buttery taste, do try out the Australia or Denmark butters 🙂
- Brown Sugar – Try not to replace the brown sugar with caster sugar, as it gives a deeper flavor and chewiness to the cookie.
- Cocoa Powder – You can use any type of unsweetened cocoa powder (not hot chocolate mix). If you like a stronger chocolate taste, try Valrhona!
- 115 g butter, (room temperature)
- 100 g caster sugar
- 90 g brown sugar
- 3/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 40 g cocoa powder
- 140 g plain flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 80 g chocolate mint chunks
- 40 g mini marshmallows ((reserve 1/3 for topping))
- Preheat oven to 160C. Line baking tray with baking paper.
- Place butter and sugar in mixing bowl. Beat till pale and creamy.
- Add in vanilla and egg. Beat till combined.
- Add in cocoa powder, flour and baking soda. Beat till a soft dough comes together. Add in chocolate mint chunks and marshmallows.
- Roll cookie dough into balls (1 tbsp size). Try to contain the marshmallows inside, otherwise it will melt into a gooey puddle on the tray while baking. Place dough balls onto prepared baking tray. Chill dough for about 10 mins.
- Bake in preheat oven at 160C for 5 mins. During this time, cut reserved marshmallows into half.
- Once 5 mins are up, bring baking tray out of oven. Top the cookies with halved mini marshmallows. Continue baking for 7-9 mins.
- Once baked, leave the tray to cool on cooling rack for about 6 – 8 mins before removing to cool completely.
- Category: Cookie, Snack
- Method: Creaming
- Cuisine: American