- 90 g unsalted butter, softened
- 75 g caster sugar
- 90 g eggs, beaten
- 90 g cake or top flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 5 g hot water
- 5 g sugar
- 5 g lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 160C. Grease and flour or line loaf pan.
- Place softened butter in a medium mixing bowl. Add in sugar and beat well with handheld mixer or whisk, till light and fluffy.
- Add in beaten eggs in 4 batches, mixing well after each addition.
- Sift in flour, baking powder and salt. Using a rubber spatula, gently fold in the flour till no visible pockets or streaks of flour is left in the batter.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake in preheated oven at 160C for 20 mins. Increase temperature to 175C and bake for further 10 mins, or until a skewer into the middle of the cake comes out clean.
- In the mean time, prepare the lemon syrup by adding sugar to the hot water and stir to dissolve well. Let cool before adding in lemon juice.
- Once cake is baked, let cool for a few mins on a cooling rack. While the cake is still hot, brush on lemon juice while cake is still in the loaf pan. You may not finish using all syrup. Cool till warm before removing from pan to cool further.
- You can wrap the pound cake in cling wrap while the cake is slightly warm to lock in the moisture.
- Category: Cakes, Dessert, Tea
- Method: Creaming
- Cuisine: American