A refreshing, fruity orange chiffon cake. Soft and fluffy in texture, you will fall in…
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure for more info.
Moist chiffon cake with natural strawberry flavor. Serve it with a dollop of cold whipped cream for a nice teatime treat!
Sorry for not updating the blog as frequently as before! Work has been really busy, and I am thankful that you guys are still following my blog and trying out recipes here : )
This is a re-make and update of an old strawberry chiffon cake recipe.
若想阅读中文版本，请在网页的右边 “Google Translate” 点击选择 中文简体 (Chinese Simplified）或 繁体 (Chinese Traditional) 翻译。可能食谱读起来会怪怪的，所以如果有疑问都可以问哦！
This is a moist chiffon cake, so you can very well eat it on its own with some tea or coffee.
For some hot weather treat, you can also pair it with a dollop of cold whipped cream.
What Ingredients Are Needed For This Strawberry Jam Chiffon?
You will just need 7 ingredients, most of which are common pantry ingredients!
- Eggs: Separate the eggs before using – yolk and whites.
- Caster Sugar
- Cake / Top Flour: Use a low protein flour (cake / top flour) so that the cake will be light and fluffy. We will be sifting in the flour.
- Freeze Dried Strawberry Powder: For additional strawberry flavor, I would recommend you to add strawberry powder! You can also blend freeze dried strawberries in food processor to get the powder.
- Strawberry Jam: If you don’t have strawberry jam, you can also blend fresh strawberries to get puree and use the same weight of puree.
- Water: You can also use milk if you like.
How To Make This Strawberry Jam Chiffon Cake?
The original recipe uses pureed strawberry. I’ve changed to use strawberry jam + 1 tsp of freeze dried strawberry powder. If you do not have strawberry powder on hand, it is ok to skip it too. Just note that the strawberry flavor may not be as strong.
The cake doesn’t have a nice pink hue, so if you want more of a pink shade, you can add in:
- 1 tsp more freeze-dried strawberry powder with some drops of lemon juice in the egg yolk batter;
- for a more obvious pink color, add in some strawberry emulco or pink coloring.
This chiffon cake recipe requires whipping the meringue to firm peaks – glossy, tight hooks. Take note to not under or over whip the meringue for best result.