This easy-to-make, one proofing bread is so soft and fluffy! Super good on busy days!
- 250 g bread flour + 10g plain / top flour ((or 260g bread flour))
- 10 g milk powder ((for baking use))
- 3 g instant yeast
- 160 g egg + pandan water* (chilled)
- 30 g sugar
- 2 g salt
- 30 g unsalted butter (chilled)
- 110 g cold water
- 12 g pandan leaves, (cut)
- Prepare the pandan water by blitzing the water and pandan leaves in a food processor. Strain the mixture to extract the pandan water.
- Crack an XL or L egg in a bowl, on a weighing scale. Top up the pandan water till 160g. If there is not enough pandan water, simply add a little more water.
- Place all ingredients (except butter) together in your mixing bowl, or bread machine inner pan. Knead the dough together for about 3-4 mins. As the dough comes together, add in the butter and knead till window pane stage.
- Divide the dough into 2 portions. Roll each dough out to a rectangular shape, swiss roll it up along the longer edge (so you'd get a longish bread dough). Place dough into greased or lined bread loaf pan. Repeat for the other dough.
- Cover loaf pan with a pc of damp cloth or cling wrap. Let dough proof to 90% of pan's height. It may take a little while longer than usual proofing time. It took about 1+h for mine. You can try placing it near hotspots in your kitchen for better proofing.
- When the dough is nearing 90% of the bread pan, preheat oven to 175C. Bake in the preheated oven, on 2nd lowest rack for 30-37 mins. While the bread is baking for about 15 mins, you can check if the top of the bread is getting too brown. You can tent the top with a pc of aluminum foil or baking paper.
- Once bread is nicely browned and baked, cool completely on wire rack before storing in air tight container.
- Category: Bread, Breakfast
- Cuisine: American