Sweet and super crunchy chocolate chip cookies that are great to munch on for that cookie craving!
- 125 g unsalted butter, softened
- 75 g caster sugar
- 45 g brown sugar
- 27 g beaten egg
- 148 g plain flour
- 2 g cocoa powder
- 1 & 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp instant coffee granules + 1/4 tsp hot water (optional)
- 1/8 tsp vanilla extract
- 100 g chocolate chips
- Add hot water to coffee granules and set aside to cool. Once cool, add 1/2 tsp (only) of thick coffee to beaten egg. Mix well and rest in fridge for about 2h.
- When egg mixture is ready after 2h, bring egg mixture to room temp. Preheat oven to 160C.
- Place flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt in a small bowl. Whisk to combine well.
- Whisk butter, sugar and brown sugar until light and pale.
- Add in egg mixture and whisk well. Sift in the flour mixture and mix using a cutting motion with a spatula. Press the dough against sides of the bowl to form dough. Stir in chocolate chips. (If you like diced almond, add in 40g)
- Drop by tsp onto a baking sheet or parchment paper. Using the back of the spoon, flatten the top slightly. Bake in preheated oven at 160C for about 20-25 minutes or until nicely brown. You might need to rotate the baking tray halfway through the baking time.
- When cookies are baked, let tray cool slightly on wire rack for a few mins, before transferring cookies onto the rack to cool completely. Store in airtight container.
Makes about 55-65 cookies.
If you do not have coffee syrup, omit it. Skip Step 1 in this case.
You can also make bigger / smaller cookies by using cookie scoop or tablespoon. Adjust the timing to bake for extra 10-15 mins / lesser 5 mins, or until cookies are baked browned.
- Category: Cookie, Dessert, Snack
- Method: Creaming