Crunchy chocolate chip cookies with a little cocoa powder and coffee for a even yummier treat!
Super crunchy chocolate chip cookies!
These cookies contain a dash of cocoa powder and thick coffee, which imparts more flavor to the cookies.
若想阅读中文版本，请在网页的右边 “Google Translate” 点击选择 中文简体 (Chinese Simplified）或 繁体 (Chinese Traditional) 翻译。可能食谱读起来会怪怪的，所以如果有疑问都可以问哦！
This is a remake of a recipe I have tried out 5 years ago!
Although they are not exactly Famous Amos cookies, but I find it quite close! If you don’t like cocoa powder, you can replace with flour.
I am also using a dash of thick coffee for a deeper flavor. Feel free to use coffee emulco if you have that instead, or skip this entirely.
Previously I’ve added diced almond in the cookies, but this time round I forgot to add them in. They are still crunchy and tasty like that!
Try them yourself! 🙂
(Almost) Famous Amos Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 125 g butter, softened
- 75 g granulated sugar
- 45 g brown sugar
- 25 g egg, beaten
- 148 g plain flour
- 2 g cocoa powder
- 1 & 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp instant coffee granules + 1/4 tsp hot water
- 100 g chocolate chips
- Add hot water to coffee granules and set aside to cool. Once cool, add 1/2 tsp of thick coffee to beaten egg. Mix well and rest in fridge for about 2h.
- When egg mixture is ready after 2h, bring egg mixture to room temp. Preheat oven to 160C.
- Place flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt in a small bowl. Whisk to combine well.
- Whisk butter, sugar and brown sugar until light and pale.
- Add in egg mixture and whisk well. Sift in the flour mixture and mix using a cutting motion with a spatula. Press the dough against sides of the bowl to form dough. Stir in chocolate chips. (If you like diced almond, add in 40g)
- Drop by tsp onto a baking sheet or parchment paper. Bake for about 20 minutes or until nicely brown. Let cool on wire racks before storing in airtight container.
Here’s the old picture!