Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure for more info.
This loaf of yogurt white loaf bread is good as an everyday bread! The recipe is good if you may have any extra egg whites!
若想阅读中文版本，请在网页的右边 “Google Translate” 点击选择 中文简体 (Chinese Simplified）或 繁体 (Chinese Traditional) 翻译。可能食谱读起来会怪怪的，所以如果有疑问都可以问哦！
What Is The Texture Of The Bread?
I really love the texture of this bread! It is chewy and soft. It also doesn’t seem to “age” as quickly as most straight dough method.
For me, I usually roll out the dough and shape only once after proofing. Most of the recipes will roll and shape the dough twice. The reason for me to shape only once, is because I realise by doing so, the bread is more “airy” and seems to be fluffier.
My family enjoy this texture, so I always skip 1 more step of rolling :p
You can always trial and error to see if this is true, and which version you prefer.
What Ingredients Do I Need?
- Flour – I like to use a combination of plain flour (usually around 10-30g in 1 recipe) with bread flour so that the loaf can be softer after being baked. You can also use entirely bread flour, which will be 250g in this recipe.
- Instant Yeast – I am using instant yeast in this recipe because it can be used easily. If you are using dry yeast, you will need to activate it.
- Milk Powder – Use milk powder for baking use only, which can be found easily in baking supplies store. Be sure to use the full fat milk powder for a loaf of rich and soft bread.
- Yogurt / Egg Whites / Butter – In our hot weather while making bread dough, always use chilled wet ingredients straight from the fridge. This is because bread dough proof optimally at around 23-24 degrees Celsius.
>> MORE BREAD RECIPES:
Rolling & Shaping Tips
After rolling up the dough, pinch together all the edges of the dough to seal it well. It will hold a better shape during the baking process.
If you would like to score the top of the dough, do it just as the bread dough is completing the final proofing, before going into the oven. This is just so that the score marks will not be out of shape in the proofing process.
How Can I Store The Bread?
Store the loaf bread in ziplock bag or bread container till serving time. Slice the bread only when you are about to eat it. This loaf of bread tastes best within 1-2 days from baking day.
An everyday bread made using egg whites and yogurt as part of the main ingredients. You will fall in love with its soft yet chewy texture!
- Combine all ingredients, except butter, in the bread pan. Select Bread Dough mode (Panasonic SD-P104 Mode 9: kneading + first proof). If you do not have a bread machine, simply mix all ingredients except butter together. When it’s mixed to a dough (about 5-7 mins), add in butter and knead till window pane stage. Let proof till double in size, usually about 45-60 mins.
- After the first proof, remove dough from bread pan. Roll into a ball of dough. Roll out to a longish oval shape. Swiss roll it up. Cover with a pc of cling wrap, or clean, damp tea towel.
- Rest for 15 mins. After rest time, roll the dough out into a longish oval shape again. Swiss roll it up. Place dough into greased or lined bread loaf pan. Cover with cling wrap and proof again for 45-60 mins. (You may skip this step if you wish. Just place dough into loaf pan for 2nd proofing after previous step)
- Let dough proof till it reaches about 80% of loaf pan. Preheat oven to 180C just before the dough complete the 2nd proofing. Score the top of the dough if you like.
Once the dough is ready, bake in preheated oven at 180C, 2nd lower rack, for about 28-35 mins.As this loaf may rise a little higher, you might want to tent the top of the dough with aluminium foil or baking paper, after 15 mins of baking, to prevent over-browning.
- Once bread is evenly baked and browned, remove from oven. Remove bread from loaf pan immediately and cool completely on wire rack. Keep in airtight container.
*For the egg whites: Place 2 egg whites into a bowl, top with water to 110g.
- Category: Bread, Breakfast
- Cuisine: American