Enjoy this loaf of everyday bread, made using egg whites and yogurt as part of the main ingredients.
This is a good recipe if you have leftover or extra egg whites.
若想阅读中文版本，请在网页的右边 “Google Translate” 点击选择 中文简体 (Chinese Simplified）或 繁体 (Chinese Traditional) 翻译。可能食谱读起来会怪怪的，所以如果有疑问都可以问哦！
What Is The Texture Of The Bread?
I really love the texture of this bread! It is chewy but soft, and it doesn’t seem to “age” as quickly as most straight dough method.
For me, I usually roll out the dough and shape only once after proofing. Most of the recipes will roll and shape twice. The reason for me to shape only once, is because I realise by doing so, the bread is more “airy” and seems to be fluffier.
My family enjoy this texture, so I always skip 1 more step of rolling :p
You can always trial and error to see if this is true, and see whether which version you prefer.
Rolling & Shaping Tips
After rolling up the dough, do try to pinch together the edges of the dough to seal it well. It will hold a better shape during the baking process.
If you would like to score the top of the dough, do it just as the bread dough is completing the final proofing, just before going into the oven. This is just so that the score marks will not be out of shape due to the proofing process.
Yogurt White Loaf Bread 优格蛋白吐司
- 230 g bread flour
- 20 g plain flour
- 30 g sugar
- 2 g salt (about 1/4 tsp)
- 15 g milk powder (for baking)
- 3 g instant yeast
- 60 g unsweetened natural yogurt chilled
- 110 g 2 egg whites + water*
- 18 g butter chilled
- Combine all ingredients, except butter, in the bread pan. Select Bread Dough mode (Panasonic SD-P104 Mode 9: kneading + first proof). If you do not have a bread machine, simply mix all ingredients except butter together. When it's mixed to a dough (about 5-7 mins), add in butter and knead till window pane stage. Let proof till double in size, usually about 45-60 mins.
- After the first proof, remove dough from bread pan. Roll into a ball of dough. Roll out to a longish oval shape. Swiss roll it up. Cover with a pc of cling wrap, or clean, damp tea towel.
- Rest for 15 mins. After rest time, roll the dough out into a longish oval shape again. Swiss roll it up. Place dough into greased or lined bread loaf pan. Cover with cling wrap and proof again for 45-60 mins. (You may skip this step if you wish. Just place dough into loaf pan for 2nd proofing after previous step)
- Let dough proof till it reaches about 80% of loaf pan. Preheat oven to 180C just before the dough complete the 2nd proofing. Score the top of the dough if you like. Once the dough is ready, bake in preheated oven at 180C, 2nd lower rack, for about 28-35 mins.
As this loaf may rise a little higher, you might want to tent the top of the dough with aluminium foil or baking paper, after 15 mins of baking, to prevent over-browning.
- Once bread is evenly baked and browned, remove from oven. Remove bread from loaf pan immediately and cool completely on wire rack. Keep in airtight container.