Been down with the terrible viral sinus infection last week, and I tried to "force"…
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure for more info.
Soft and fluffy wholemeal honey loaf bread that’s great for everyday’s breakfast table.
Airy and light, this loaf bread goes well with butter, jam and any savory filling!
Don’t you love how plump-looking and evenly browned this loaf of wholemeal honey bread is?! I sure did!
These days, I am trying to eat healthier by incorporating more whole grains in my family’s diet, so I try to add wholemeal flour into my bakes, whenever possible.
You don’t see visible grains from the wholemeal flour here, because I am using Prima’s superfine wholegrain flour. I like the fine grains as it allows me to incorporate some wholemeal into the bread, without compromising on the texture too much.
若想阅读中文版本，请在网页的右边 “Google Translate” 点击选择 中文简体 (Chinese Simplified）或 繁体 (Chinese Traditional) 翻译。可能食谱读起来会怪怪的，所以如果有疑问都可以问哦！
What Ingredients Do I Need?
You will need the usual ingredients for bread making:
- Bread Flour: In this recipe, we are using a mixture of bread flour and fine wholegrain flour. You can substitute the wholegrain flour with bread or plain or cake flour.
- Milk Powder: The milk powder (for baking use) enhances the richness of the loaf. You can omit if you do not have it on hand.
- Honey: The addition of honey helps the bread to keep its moisture!
- Whole Milk & Egg: In Singapore’s humid temperature, use the milk and egg cold so that the dough can reach its optimal temperature of 23-24C when the dough is being mixed.
- Unsalted Butter: Use chilled butter too.
- Instant Yeast & Salt: Remember to place the yeast and salt in separate corners.
Is There A Strong Honey Taste?
As with using jams or syrup in bread dough recipes, there will be a very subtle taste of these flavors after baking. So you will find just a very subtle sweet honey scent in this bread. The honey does help the bread to keep moist as well.
>> MORE BREAD RECIPES:
- Raisin Walnut Loaf Bread
- 5 Stars Soft White Bread
- Pandan Killer Toast (One Proofing)
- Pandan Rye Bread
I also brushed on a thin layer of milk before sprinkling on the oats. The oats will stick to the surface better this way. Alternatively, if you prefer a glossy top, you may do some egg wash.
This step is totally optional, but I do like how it looks after baking!
Is It Difficult to Shape The Bread?
Even if you are new to shaping loaf bread, you will be happy to find that shaping for this loaf is easy! It’s not sticky at all!
For successful bread baking, you’ll just need to ensure that you proof the dough well after rolling it into one big round dough – it usually takes about 45-60 mins in normal room temperature in our Singapore weather. The dough will rise to approximately double of its size, and has a plump, smooth texture.
After the first proof, you can then shape it by rolling the dough. While shaping, just ensure that you roll the dough up nicely and seal the edges by “pinching” the edges together tightly. There should not be big empty space in between the dough.