This is a nutritious all-time kids favourite soup! Slow simmer different types of vegetables in this easy-to-cook Chinese soup for your family dinner.
- 250 grams pork ribs
- 1 large yellow onion, (roughly chopped or whole)
- 1 large carrot, (peeled and cut to chunks)
- 1 corn, (cut)
- 3 stalks of cut celery, (optional)
- 2 medium tomato, (cut to wedges)
- 2 tbsp ikan bilis, rinsed, (optional)
- 3 red dates
- 1.2 litres water
- Salt to taste, (optional)
- Bring a small saucepan of water to boil. Blanch pork ribs for about 5 minutes. Rinse with tap water, drained and set aside.
- Add blanched pork ribs and all other ingredients except tomato and salt into a large soup pot. Bring to a boil, then turn heat down to low. Add in tomato, simmer for about 60 minutes. You can season the soup with salt.
I would recommend leaving out salt if you are serving the soup to kids 🙂
If you prefer super tender pork ribs after cooking, simmer for about 2 hours instead. Add tomato into the soup in the last 30 mins. Or, use a thermal inner pot to boil the soup for about 20 mins, before transferring to thermal pot to keep warm for 2-4 hours.
- Category: Dinner, Lunch, Soup
- Cuisine: Chinese