Note: This post may contain affiliate links – I may earn a small commission if you purchase through the links, at no extra cost to you. I only recommend products and brands that I trust and/or use. Thanks for your help in supporting my blog!
Crunchy chocolate chunk cookies!
I can’t say how much I love to try out different cookie recipes, that’s my childhood fav!
若想阅读中文版本，请在网页的右边 “Google Translate” 点击选择 中文简体 (Chinese Simplified）或 繁体 (Chinese Traditional) 翻译。可能食谱读起来会怪怪的，所以如果有疑问都可以问哦！
Oh, I also love these dark chocolate chunks that I bought from The Bake Shoppe. I have been looking around for chocolate chunk this size, but to no avail. So I was very excited when I saw these, and immediately carted them out!
These chocolate chunks do add on to the chunky rustic texture of the cookies! Taste-wise, I still prefer my Ghirardelli Chocolate Chips.
>> OTHER EASY COOKIE RECIPES:
What’s Different About This Cookie Recipe?
This recipe uses half granulated sugar and half brown sugar, which you really won’t want to miss out on – the brown sugar gives the cookie its deep flavour. You will also notice that baking soda is used, instead of baking powder. The baking soda reacts with the brown sugar, which then gives it the lift!
If you don’t fancy almonds, you can omit that, or swap with other types of chopped nuts.
Lastly, you can use a mini cookie scoop for this cute round look. Or otherwise, if you like a more rustic look to the cookies, simply use 2 teaspoons to drop the cookies.
How Do These Cookies Taste Like?
These cookies are crunchy to bite, and is slightly airy on the inside. Which is really good because it’s so light!
If you prefer a denser and crunchier cookie, check out the previous crunchy chocolate chip cookie recipe. That recipe also uses simpler ingredients (no brown sugar needed)!
Super crunchy chocolate chunk cookies with nutty crunch. It gets a more intense flavour from the brown sugar, and it’s yummeh!
- 150 g plain flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 75 g unsalted butter, (softened)
- 60 g caster sugar
- 60 g brown sugar
- 45 g egg ((about 1 egg) )
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp vanilla
- 150 g chocolate chunks or chips
- 60 g diced almonds
- Whisk together flour and baking soda. Place softened butter and both sugar in a mixing bowl. Whisk till pale and fluffy.
- Add in egg in 2 batches. Whisk till well combined. Add in vanilla extract.
- Sift in the flour mixture. Using a spatula, fold to mix well and ensure there is no trace of white flour left.
- Fold in nuts and chocolate chunks till well distributed.
- Place cookie dough in the fridge to chill for at least 30 min or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 160C fan forced. Line baking tray with baking paper. Use a mini cookie scoop or 2 small teaspoons to scoop dough onto tray. (Size is about 1.5 tsp)
- Take note to leave ample space in between the cookie dough. You can also place more some chocolate chips on the top of the dough if preferred.
- Bake at 160C fan forced for 20-23 min till nicely browned and edges darkened. You might want to rotate your baking tray halfway through the baking if heat distribution in your oven is not even. Cookies will be soft while fresh out from oven but will harden as they cool.
- Cool completely before storing in air-tight container.
Baking time of 20 mins apply for the mini cookie scoop size. If you use teaspoons, you can watch the oven from 15min onwards.
- Category: Cookie, Snack