This is an update post for one berries muffin recipe that I used to like a lot!
It is simple to make, and gives really moist and soft crumbs. Not to forget mentioning about the high tops this muffin recipe is going to give you! I sort of forgotten about this recipe because I seem to be always on the search for that elusive muffin recipe haha!
若想阅读中文版本，请在网页的右边 “Google Translate” 点击选择 中文简体 (Chinese Simplified）或 繁体 (Chinese Traditional) 翻译。可能食谱读起来会怪怪的，所以如果有疑问都可以问哦！
For this recipe, on the day of baking, you will get crusty tops and soft inside. The perfect muffin!
Enjoy these muffins freshly baked 🙂
If you leave it overnight, the tops of the muffins will soften and develop more flavor. I guess it might work if you’d pop the muffins into the oven for a few mins to try to get the crusty tops again.
Feel free to use a mix of your favourite berries – raspberries, blueberries, strawberries!
What Is Buttermilk?
Buttermilk is a dairy product similar to yogurt (cultured milk). It carries a tangy rich taste, and imparts flavor and richness to baked goods which uses this as part of the ingredients.
You can also use milk and vinegar for a quick substitute for buttermilk. You can see this in the recipe notes below.
>> MORE MUFFIN RECIPES:
- Chocolate Marble Mushipan
- Blueberry Yogurt Muffins
- Raspberry Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Passion Fruit Muffins
Berries Muffins 莓果马芬
- 375 g plain flour
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 100 g caster sugar
- 100 g light brown sugar
- 240 ml buttermilk, room temperature
- 120 ml oil
- 1.5 tsp vanilla extract
- 340 g mixed berries, fresh or frozen (not thawed)
- Coarse sugar, diced almond and desiccated coconut, for sprinkling on top
- Preheat oven to 210C. Place liners into muffin pan if desired.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg till well combined.
- In another bowl, whisk together eggs and both sugar till combined. Whisk in milk, oil, and vanilla extract. Mixture will be pale and yellow.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients. Pour wet ingredients into the well and gently mix till there is no visible trace of flour. The batter will be thick and lumpy. Take note to not overmix.
- Reserve about 20g of the berries. Fold in the rest of the mixed berries gently.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin pan, filling all the way to the top. Using the reserved berries, press a few into the tops of each muffin. Sprinkle with coarse sugar, diced almond and desiccated coconut.
- Bake at 210C degrees for 5 minutes. Keeping the muffins in the oven, reduce oven temperature to 190C and continue to bake for about 25 minutes until tops are lightly golden.
- A toothpick inserted in the center should come out clean. Cool completely on wire rack. Store muffins at room temperature in an airtight container.
Here is the mandatory recap of old photos, haha!!
You can also read more about my blogging resources here!