These light raspberry chocolate chip muffins are made using oil and buttermilk - so…
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure for more info.
Moist berries muffins, when freshly baked, have slightly crispy tops.
You’ll find moist and slightly denser crumbs in these muffins, which are really wholesome for breakfast or brunch!
This is an update post for one berries muffin recipe that I used to like a lot!
It is simple to make, and gives really moist and soft crumbs. Not forgetting the high tops this muffin recipe is going to give you!
若想阅读中文版本，请在网页的右边 “Google Translate” 点击选择 中文简体 (Chinese Simplified）或 繁体 (Chinese Traditional) 翻译。可能食谱读起来会怪怪的，所以如果有疑问都可以问哦！
What Is Buttermilk?
Buttermilk is a dairy product similar to yogurt (cultured milk). It carries a tangy rich taste, and imparts flavor and richness to baked goods which uses this as part of the ingredients.
You can also use milk and vinegar for a quick substitute for buttermilk. You can see this in the recipe notes below, or read this post on buttermilk!
For best flavors, leave the muffins overnight, where the tops of the muffins will soften and the crumbs develop more flavor.
>> MORE MUFFIN RECIPES:
- Chocolate Marble Mushipan
- Blueberry Yogurt Muffins
- Raspberry Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Passion Fruit Muffins
What Ingredients Do I Need?
- Plain Flour
- Baking Powder: The muffins get much lift from the baking powder. As the amount is quite a lot, do use aluminum-free baking powder so we don’t get the metallic taste in the muffins.
- Ground Cinnamon / Nutmeg: I love the aroma from cinnamon! Nutmeg also adds in a touch of homely, old-school taste in the berries muffins.
- Eggs: Use large or medium sized ones, around 55-65g in weight.
- Sugar: We use both white caster sugar as well as brown sugar in the recipe. Brown sugar adds color, deepens flavor and make the muffins even moister!
- Buttermilk: I’ll recommend to try out the real buttermilk from supermarkets. If you don’t have it, try out the substitute, or just use whole milk.
- Vanilla Extract
- Mixed Berries: You can use either fresh or frozen berries. If using frozen berries, do not let the berries thaw before use.
Here are some old pictures! :p