A bowl of sweet soup, with thick syrup made with the yummy Gula Melaka (palm sugar).
- 200 g split mung bean
- 2 knots of pandan leaves (about 4–6 leaves in total)
- 700 ml water
- 60 g chopped gula melaka + 40g sugar; or just 100g sugar
- Thickener: 3 tbsp potato starch + 3 tbsp water
- Fried fritters (cut)
- Rinse and soak the mung beans for a couple of hours. You can also do it overnight.
- Place 1 knot of the pandan leaves together with the mung beans, and steam for about 30 mins on medium high heat. Set aside.
- Boil the water with sugar and 1 knot of pandan leaves. Stir occasionally to ensure the sugar dissolve well. Once boiled, lower heat and add in half portion of the thickener. Stir well.
- Add in the steamed mung beans and continue stirring. If the syrup does not thicken to your liking, add in another portion of the thickener slowly. Stir well and let the syrup boil slightly. The syrup will further thicken as it boils.
- Serve warm with fried fritters.
- Category: Dessert