Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure for more info.
It has been quite a while since I have tried making cookies! Do you like crunchy or chewy cookies?
Before Subway cookies became a hit, I remember most of us loving those crunchy chocolate chip cookies. If you love crunchy cookies with melty, oozy chocolate chips, you would love these!
若想阅读中文版本，请在网页的右边 “Google Translate” 点击选择 中文简体 (Chinese Simplified）或 繁体 (Chinese Traditional) 翻译。可能食谱读起来会怪怪的，所以如果有疑问都可以问哦！
These cookies are crunchy like Famous Amos but not too sweet! My elder daughter loves dunking these cookies into a cup of cold milk, and have them for her tea break.
You also don’t need to chill the dough, however, the flavor might develop better overnight in the fridge.
I drop these cookies by the teaspoons (about 1.5 tsp size), so they weren’t too big. It would be quite a handy size for the kids, if you will be sharing the cookies with your kids. Of course, you can also use a cookie scoop or ice cream scoop for larger sized cookies.
If you don’t want the cookies to spread too much, after dropping the cookie dough onto lined baking tray, pop the baking tray into the fridge for a couple of mins while you preheat the oven.
>> MORE COOKIE RECIPES:
They are also quite easy to make, using the simple creaming method. You can of course use a whisk to whisk the butter; or simply use a handheld or standing mixer to make the dough! Take note to not soften the butter too much, or over-beat the butter.
If you may prefer a deeper flavor cookie, check out my Almost Famous Amos Cookies recipe!
Crunchy chocolate chip cookies filled with melty chocolate chips. Definitely worth the calories!
- 200 g plain flour + 1 tsp baking powder
- 150 g unsalted butter, softened slightly at room temp
- 100 g caster sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 50 g chopped nuts + 50g chocolate chips
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together flour and baking powder. Set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk softened butter with sugar till pale and fluffy using handheld mixer or whisk.
- Add in egg and vanilla extract in 2 batches. Continue whisking till well combined.
- Fold in the flour mixture with a spatula. Gently fold in till no trace of flour left.
- Add in nuts and chocolate chips. Mix till well distributed.
- Cling wrap cookie dough and chill in the fridge for at least 30 min or a few hours.
- Preheat oven to 170 deg C fan forced. Line a baking tray. Use 2 small teaspoons to scoop dough onto tray (about 1.5 tsp size dough).
- Leave some space in between the cookies. You can also place more some chocolate chips on the top of the dough if preferred. Bake at 170 deg C fan forced for 20 min till golden brown and edges darkened. Cookies will be soft freshly baked but harden as it cools. Cool completely before storing in air-tight container.
Recipe adapted From: OLadyBakes
- Category: Cookie, Snack