It has been quite a while since I have tried making cookies! Do you like crunchy or chewy cookies?
Before Subway cookies became a hit, I remember most of us loving those crunchy chocolate chip cookies. If you love crunchy cookies with melty, oozy chocolate chips, you would love these!
若想阅读中文版本，请在网页的右边 “Google Translate” 点击选择 中文简体 (Chinese Simplified）或 繁体 (Chinese Traditional) 翻译。可能食谱读起来会怪怪的，所以如果有疑问都可以问哦！
These cookies are crunchy like Famous Amos but not too sweet! My elder daughter loves dunking these cookies into a cup of cold milk, and have them for her tea break.
You also don’t need to chill the dough, however, the flavor might be better overnight in the fridge, as with most chocolate chip cookie recipes.
I drop these cookies by the teaspoons, so they weren’t too big. It would be quite a handy size for the kids, if you will be sharing the cookies with your kids. Of course, you can also use a cookie scoop or ice cream scoop for larger sized cookies.
If you don’t want the cookies to spread too much, after dropping the cookie dough onto lined baking tray, pop the baking tray into the fridge for a couple of mins while you preheat the oven.
>> MORE COOKIE RECIPES:
They are also quite easy to make, using the creaming method. You can of course use a whisk to whisk the butter; or simply use a handheld or standing mixer to make the dough! Take note to not over-beat the butter.
Crunchy chocolate chip cookies filled with melty chocolate chips. Definitely worth the calories!
- 200 g plain flour + 1 tsp baking powder
- 150 g butter (softened slightly at room temp)
- 100 g caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 50 g chopped nuts + 50g chocolate chips
- Whisk together flour and baking powder to ensure baking powder is well distributed. Whisk butter with sugar till pale and fluffy using the mixer or whisk.
- Add in the egg and vanilla extract. Continue whisking till well combined. You may see some curdling of the dough after adding egg.
- Add in the flour mixture. Using a spatula, gently fold in till no trace of flour left.
- Add in the nuts and chocolate chips. Mix till well distributed.
- Place the cookie dough in the fridge to set for at least 30 min or even a few hours.
- Preheat oven to 170 deg C fan forced. Line a baking tray. Use 2 small teaspoons to scoop dough onto tray.
- Do leave some space in between the cookies. You can also place more some chocolate chips on the top of the dough if preferred. Bake at 170 deg C fan forced for 20 min till golden brown and edges darkened. Cookies will be soft freshly baked but harden as it cools. Cool completely before storing in air-tight container.
Original recipe uses 50g brown sugar + 50g caster sugar. Depending on your oven temperature, you might need to adjust slightly. I bake at 160C, fan forced instead.
I like to use Nielsen-Massey vanilla extract, as it is really vanilla! No strange ingredient 🙂 For chocolate chips, I am using Hershey’s because it is smaller in size. Otherwise I really love Ghirardelli chocolate chips!
Adapted From: OLadyBakes
- Category: Cookie, Snack