Ever since my younger daughter is born, I have been trying to find cheat meals or food that can be prepared easily. Especially now that she is also eating the usual food that we eat, time can be really tight to put 3 meals and 2 snacks on the table lol!
So I was very glad to come across some no-knead bread recipes. I quite like this recipe, since it can be either baked in the oven or cooked over the pan (yay to flexibility!), and the texture can be considered quite fluffy for a no-knead bread!
I find the texture and taste of this bread really suitable for toddlers!
若想阅读中文版本，请在网页的右边 “Google Translate” 点击选择 中文简体 (Chinese Simplified）或 繁体 (Chinese Traditional) 翻译。可能食谱读起来会怪怪的，所以如果有疑问都可以问哦！
Both my girls enjoy this bread a lot, so it’s always on the menu when we need a quick snack or breakfast 🙂 It’s also a ideal item to prepare if you are rushing to go out with the kids (for their snack later in the day). The crispy browned top and bottom is what my toddler love as well!
Do note that this recipe makes 4 handy sized buns, which are great for toddler hands. If you would like to make more, simply double the ingredients.
>> MORE NO-KNEAD BREAD RECIPES:
If you would like more variations for this bread, you can also shape into round balls, cut a slit at the top and stuff in a little blob of butter, then sprinkle with some sugar; or roll to flatten the dough and wrap in some fillings, such as cheese, chocolate, peanut butter or jam.
Easy-to-prepare bread buns that can be made and baked within an hour! Quick fix for your kids’ tea break when you are running out of time.
- 30 g bread flour
- 20 g plain or cake flour
- 1 g yeast
- 3 g sugar
- pinch of salt
- 3 g oil
- 35 ml milk
- Add all ingredients in a medium sized bowl and mix well. Mix until dough comes together well.
- Cover and rest for 15 mins. Cut and shape into balls. I simply use a pair of food scissors to cut into 4 bite size dough, and pull the sides down to seal at the bottom. Cover and rest for 30 mins.
- Heat up pan on lowest fire, place dough on pan. You can slightly flatten the dough. Cover and cook for 2-4 mins on low heat till brown (the side facing pan downwards), flip and cook till brown.
- Note: the first side took only a few mins to brown. you can also place filling such as cheese, jam, peanut butter, kaya etc.
Total baking/cook time should be around 5-8 mins.
Recipe from Yummilicious for My Princess
- Category: Bread, Breakfast