This is a simple loaf of soft white bread, which is easy even for beginners. You can either bake it in the bread machine, or in the oven. Great for everyday kind of bread!
I was revisiting some of my older posts and recipes that I tried years ago. And I came to this 5 Stars Soft White Bread by a Japanese author, which I really like back then 🙂
若想阅读中文版本，请在网页的右边 “Google Translate” 点击选择 中文简体 (Chinese Simplified）或 繁体 (Chinese Traditional) 翻译。可能食谱读起来会怪怪的，所以如果有疑问都可以问哦！
I remembered I just started on the bread machine at that time, and was really clueless in making bread. So, this bread was a great beginner recipe for me!
For this time, I decided to just knead the dough in the machine, and then manually punch out the air and shaped it, and baked in the oven. However, the blur me forgot to add in the egg! Lol! I was glad that the bread turned out well haha!
>> MORE BREAD RECIPES:
- Cara Cara Soft Orange Loaf (Bread Machine)
- Pumpkin Loaf Bread (Bread Machine)
- Soft Wholemeal Bread (Bread Machine)
Anyway, back to the bread machine! You may ask: what’s the difference?
I have now realise that manually shaping and baking the bread in the oven yields a better texture bread – especially for those recipes that have higher hydration ratio. Previously when I baked in the bread machine, I can get those dense “kueh” layers at the bottom of the bread. It’s probably because it was slightly underbaked.
However, as I have mentioned earlier, bread machine is really a time saver. It is also really a great tool if we really don’t know how to bake bread!
For this bread, as I usually prefer fluffier bread, so I didn’t swiss roll the dough 2x before placing into the loaf pan to proof. If you prefer a finer and tighter crumb, you can swiss roll the dough 2x.
5 Stars Soft White Bread 五星级白吐司
- 275 g bread flour
- 30 g butter
- 30 g sugar
- 3 g salt
- 3.5 g yeast about 1.5 tsp
- 30 g egg
- 140 g - 148g cold water
- Place ingredients into bread machine to complete Dough cycle. I am using Panasonic SD-P104, Menu 11. You can also select Menu 9 to proof inside the bread machine.
- Once Dough cycle is complete (about 15 mins for mine), remove dough and shape into a ball. Place a pc of cling wrap over the dough and let it proof for about 45 mins.
- Punch out air and roll out the dough into a longish shape. Swiss roll the dough up. Place into greased or lined loaf pan. Proof for 45 - 60 mins.
- Preheat oven to 180C. Once the proofing has completed, bake in the preheated oven for about 25-30 mins. Let cool completely before storing in airtight container, or slicing.