I was searching and Googling for a good no-knead bread for a very, very loooooong time. No-knead bread would be really convenient and easy for me to prepare food for the kids. However, most of these no-knead bread did not have the texture that I was looking for.
This loaf of no-knead crusty bread is easy to make (with just 4 ingredients!), and we definitely love the unique crusty outside and chewy inside.
若想阅读中文版本，请在网页的右边 “Google Translate” 点击选择 中文简体 (Chinese Simplified）或 繁体 (Chinese Traditional) 翻译。可能食谱读起来会怪怪的，所以如果有疑问都可以问哦！
I happened to see this recipe on a Taiwanese recipe sharing site. Though the recipe looked simple, it was quite interesting. So I was glad I tried it out!
My elder daughter takes to the texture and taste of this bread very well.
This loaf of bread is also slightly on the salty side, so it goes quite well with gravy, or to have it toasted and serve with some other savoury sides. In fact, it kind of reminds me of baguette!
Just note not to add too much liquid, or else you may underbake the bread. The dough needs to be just nicely moistened. Preparing food from scratch for the kids should be this easy. Mix, bake and serve!
Easy 4-ingredients no-knead bread that’s definitely going to win the hearts of your kids!
- 450 g bread flour
- 10 g salt
- 7 g instant yeast
- 340–360 ml water
- Place bread flour in a large mixing bowl. Dig 2 small holes on opposite corner, and place in yeast and salt.
- Add water in gradually and mix to a dough. After adding in 340ml of water, if you need more, add in the water bit by bit, till it forms a dough (ie. not crumbly).
- Cover bowl with clingwrap, leaving out a small hole for air circulation. Proof in room temperature for 2 hours before placing into the fridge for at least 24 hours (maximum 7 days).
- After 24 hours, you can bring the dough (all or partially) out, and shape into a ball. You will need to dust the working area and your hands with flour, as the dough can be quite sticky.
- Place dough onto lined baking tray. Cover the dough with a clean damp cloth or clingwrap, and proof for 30-60 mins.
- Preheat oven to 225C. You can score the surface of the bread dough with a sharp knife and dust some bread flour if desired.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20-30 mins, till the crust turns golden brown. Cool completely before slicing.
Recipe from Mrs P’s Kitchen
- Category: Bread, Breakfast