Moist muffins which are full of the warm, wonderful coffee scent! Great for a perk me up!
- 200 g plain flour
- 60 g caster sugar
- 40 g brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 80 g melted butter (room temperature)
- 20 g oil
- 2 eggs (room temperature)
- 190 g bananas (mashed)
- 50 g milk (room temperature)
- 24 g instant coffee (NOT 2-in-1 or 3-in-1)
- 90 g hot water
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 60 g semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 20 g chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 220C. Place liners into muffin pans, or grease and flour well.
- Place the flour, sugars, baking powder, baking soda and salt into a mixing bowl. Whisk to combine well.
- Place other remaining wet ingredients (except add-ins) into another mixing bowl and whisk well.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients from (2). Add the wet ingredients. Mix with a spatula till there are no traces of white flour. Take care not to over-mix. Add in chocolate chips and mix briefly.
- Spoon batter into liners to about 90% full. Sprinkle chopped walnuts on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven at 220C for about 4 mins. Turn down the oven temperature to 200C and bake for 12-14 mins, or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. (There may be melted chocolate staining the skewer, so take note)
- Cool completely on wire rack before storing in air tight container. These muffins taste better the next day.
– You can use 280g mashed bananas instead, and omit milk.
– If you find it a hassle to add oil, simply use 100g melted butter.
- Category: Breakfast, Dessert, Snack