Are you a coffee mum too?!
Haha! I love coffee, and especially more after becoming a mum! *yawns*
Today I am sharing a coffee banana muffin recipe after some tweaking, as I got nerd out and was studying baking ratios 🙂
若想阅读中文版本，请在网页的右边 “Google Translate” 点击选择 中文简体 (Chinese Simplified）或 繁体 (Chinese Traditional) 翻译。可能食谱读起来会怪怪的，所以如果有疑问都可以问哦！
By the way so sorry for the poor photo quality, because I couldn’t find my camera’s battery charger! (Hahah!!)
As we know, for muffins, there are mainly 2 types of methods: creaming or mixing. I prefer mixing, whereby the melted butter or oil is being mixed in directly with other wet ingredients. Though I do love buttery scent in muffins, it can be confused with cupcakes, which would have this signature buttery, fine crumbs.
I also find the mixing method makes a lighter muffin for my toddler. Of coz, she cannot eat this coffee muffin, la 😉
I love a more subtle banana flavour in muffins, so I thinned the puree bananas with some milk. You can increase the banana puree and omit milk if you prefer a full banana flavor. Also, I swapped out some melted butter with oil for a moister muffin the next day.
>> MORE MUFFIN RECIPES:
This is not a sweet muffin recipe, so you don’t need to reduce the sugar anymore 🙂
Of course, feel free to omit/swap out the add-ins (chocolate chips and walnuts). I am imagining peanut butter or caramel chips should go pretty well with this flavor too!
Moist muffins which are full of the warm, wonderful coffee scent! Great for a perk me up!
- 200 g plain flour
- 60 g caster sugar
- 40 g brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 80 g melted butter (room temperature)
- 20 g oil
- 2 eggs (room temperature)
- 190 g bananas (mashed)
- 50 g milk (room temperature)
- 24 g instant coffee (NOT 2-in-1 or 3-in-1)
- 90 g hot water
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 60 g semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 20 g chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 220C. Place liners into muffin pans, or grease and flour well.
- Place the flour, sugars, baking powder, baking soda and salt into a mixing bowl. Whisk to combine well.
- Place other remaining wet ingredients (except add-ins) into another mixing bowl and whisk well.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients from (2). Add the wet ingredients. Mix with a spatula till there are no traces of white flour. Take care not to over-mix. Add in chocolate chips and mix briefly.
- Spoon batter into liners to about 90% full. Sprinkle chopped walnuts on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven at 220C for about 4 mins. Turn down the oven temperature to 200C and bake for 12-14 mins, or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. (There may be melted chocolate staining the skewer, so take note)
- Cool completely on wire rack before storing in air tight container. These muffins taste better the next day.
– You can use 280g mashed bananas instead, and omit milk.
– If you find it a hassle to add oil, simply use 100g melted butter.
- Category: Breakfast, Dessert, Snack