This is a revisit of an older recipe that I’ve tried a few years back. Since I am studying the ratio of muffins and cupcakes these days, I am happy to try out these orange Nutella muffins!
Though I am quite a health conscious person, there are still some snack/food that I can’t say no to! And Nutella applies especially to my Nutella addict husband (lol). Like Nutella makes everything better! Of course, this might not be a good choice of spread for the kiddos.
若想阅读中文版本，请在网页的右边 “Google Translate” 点击选择 中文简体 (Chinese Simplified）或 繁体 (Chinese Traditional) 翻译。可能食谱读起来会怪怪的，所以如果有疑问都可以问哦！
These muffins are great with a slight tang – probably from the yogurt – and pairs quite well with the Nutella, so they are not so sweet on the overall.
>> MORE YUMMY MUFFIN RECIPES:
Also, muffins and cupcakes made with yogurt and/or oil usually taste best the next day. So do make these 1 day ahead. I tried some on the same day that I’ve baked, and they tasted a little too chewy. On the next day, the flavor of the yogurt and oil developed better. The muffins were quite soft and not too dense.
This recipe is also a very simple mix and bake one. It’s quite convenient for a quick fix for the next day’s breakfast!
Orange Nutella Muffins 香橙榛果酱马芬
- 300 g plain flour
- 3.5 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 140 g sugar
- 1 tbsp finely grated orange rind
- 60 ml orange juice
- 240 ml natural yogurt
- 120 ml rice bran oil
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- Nutella about 12 tsp
- Preheat oven to 170°C fan-forced. Grease muffin pan or prepare muffin cups.
- Whisk together flour and sugar in a bowl. Make a well in the centre. Add in orange rind, orange juice, yogurt, oil and egg. Stir the mixture until just combined.
- Spoon mixture into prepared muffin pan holes or cups. Drop 1 dollop of Nutella onto the mixture and swirl with a toothpick or chopstick.
- Bake for 15 - 18 minutes, until golden and cooked through. Remove from oven and let stand in pans for about 3 minutes. Turn out onto a wire rack to cool. Taste best on the next day.