This is a revisit of an older recipe that I’ve tried a few years back. Since I am studying the ratio of muffins and cupcakes these days, I am happy to try out these orange Nutella muffins!
若想阅读中文版本，请在网页的右边 “Google Translate” 点击选择 中文简体 (Chinese Simplified）或 繁体 (Chinese Traditional) 翻译。可能食谱读起来会怪怪的，所以如果有疑问都可以问哦！
Though I am quite a health conscious person, there are still some snack/food that I can’t say no to! And Nutella applies especially to my Nutella addict husband (lol). Like Nutella makes everything better! Of course, this might not be a good choice of spread for the kiddos.
These muffins are great with a slight tang – probably from the yogurt – which pairs quite well with the Nutella. So they are not so sweet on the overall.
>> MORE YUMMY MUFFIN RECIPES:
Why Muffins With Yogurt?
I realised muffins or cakes made with some yogurt gives a moister and velvety crumb, without complex steps or ingredients. Some recipes also substitute some of the fats (oil or butter) with some yogurt to cut the fat content.
Muffins and cupcakes made with yogurt and/or oil usually taste best the next day. So do make these 1 day ahead. I tried some on the same day that I’ve baked, and they tasted a little chewy and slightly bland. On the next day, the flavor of the yogurt and oil developed better. The muffins were quite soft and not too dense.
This recipe is also a very simple mix and bake. Quite convenient for a quick fix for next day’s breakfast!
Yummy muffins topped with Nutella swirl and lovely fruity orange scent!
- 300 g plain flour
- 3.5 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 140 g sugar
- 1 tbsp finely grated orange rind
- 60 ml orange juice
- 240 ml natural yogurt
- 120 ml rice bran oil
- 1 egg (lightly beaten)
- Nutella (about 12 tsp)
- Preheat oven to 170°C fan-forced. Grease muffin pan or prepare muffin cups.
- Whisk together flour and sugar in a bowl. Make a well in the centre. Add in orange rind, orange juice, yogurt, oil and egg. Stir the mixture until just combined.
- Spoon mixture into prepared muffin pan holes or cups. Drop 1 dollop of Nutella onto the mixture and swirl with a toothpick or chopstick.
- Bake for 15 – 18 minutes, until golden and cooked through. Remove from oven and let stand in pans for about 3 minutes. Turn out onto a wire rack to cool. Taste best on the next day.
Recipe adapted from Taste.com.au. You can use any flavorless oil for this recipe.
- Category: Breakfast, Dessert, Snack