Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure for more info.
Soft and moist orange muffins topped with Nutella spread.
Try these easy one-bowl muffins for breakfast treat!
This is a revisit of an older recipe that I’ve tried a few years back. Glad that I did!
若想阅读中文版本，请在网页的右边 “Google Translate” 点击选择 中文简体 (Chinese Simplified）或 繁体 (Chinese Traditional) 翻译。可能食谱读起来会怪怪的，所以如果有疑问都可以问哦！
How Do These Muffins Taste Like?
These soft and moist muffins are delicious, with a slight tang – probably from the yogurt. The orange and Nutella flavors pair quite well, so the muffins did not turn out to be too sweet.
>> MORE YUMMY MUFFIN RECIPES:
What Ingredients Do We Need?
- Plain Flour
- Baking Powder
- Caster Sugar
- Orange Juice & Zest: You can grate the zest and get the juice from 1 large orange for this recipe.
- Unsweetened Natural Yogurt: Use unsweetened natural yogurt or greek yogurt for this recipe. Do not use the low fat ones.
- Oil: You can use any neutral tasting oil for these muffins.
- Nutella: We will be using 1 tsp of Nutella for each muffin.
Why Do We Add Yogurt?
Muffins or cakes made with some yogurt usually gives a moister and velvety crumb, without complex steps or ingredients. Some recipes may also substitute some of the fats (oil or butter) with yogurt to reduce the fat content.
Muffins and cupcakes made with yogurt and/or oil usually taste best the next day. So do make these 1 day ahead. I’ve tried eating some on the same day that I’ve baked, and they tasted slightly blander. On the next day, the flavor of the yogurt and oil developed better. The muffins were quite soft and not too dense.
This recipe is also a very simple mix and bake. Quite convenient for a quick fix for next day’s breakfast!
Delicious soft muffins topped with Nutella swirl, with a lovely fruity orange scent!
- 300g plain flour
- 3.5 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 150g caster sugar
- 1 tbsp finely grated orange rind
- 60g orange juice
- 240g natural yogurt
- 113g oil
- 1 large egg (about 55-60g)
- Nutella (about 12 tsp)
- Preheat oven to 170°C fan-forced. Grease muffin pan or line pan with muffin cups.
- Whisk together flour and sugar in a bowl. Make a well in the centre. Add in orange rind, orange juice, yogurt, oil and egg. Stir until just combined.
- Spoon mixture into prepared muffin pan holes or cups. Drop 1 dollop of Nutella on top and swirl with a toothpick or chopstick.
- Bake for 15 – 18 minutes, until golden and cooked through. Remove from oven and let stand in pans for about 3 minutes. Turn out onto a wire rack to cool. Taste best the next day.
Recipe adapted from Taste.com.au. You can use any neutral tasting oil for this recipe.
- Category: Breakfast, Dessert, Snack
- Method: Bake