These days, I am feeling extra geeky, reading up on baking science, ingredients, nutrition book and some texts on baking.
So I started off reading up on muffins. Muffins are one of the very first item to bake when we start to bake (cookies are my most favouritest-favourite hahaha). However, we don’t always get that perfect muffins to our liking all the time.
若想阅读中文版本，请在网页的右边 “Google Translate” 点击选择 中文简体 (Chinese Simplified）或 繁体 (Chinese Traditional) 翻译。可能食谱读起来会怪怪的，所以如果有疑问都可以问哦！
The husband had also been very supportive in encouraging me to “develop” my own recipes instead of adapting others’ recipes. What he doesn’t know, is that recipes are just sets of formulas!
Muffins can be dense, buttery, sweet, or crumbly – depending on your tastebuds and preferences.
If you can tell, most recipes on my blog are made without butter, because my husband doesn’t like butter. And I don’t really want to risk my waistline by gobbling up everything on my own! Haha!
>> MORE DELICIOUS MUFFIN RECIPES:
Raspberry Chocolate Chip Muffins 覆盆莓巧克力豆马芬
- 300 g plain flour
- 130 g sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 3.5 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- 125 ml oil
- 185 ml buttermilk*
- 125 g raspberries, fresh or frozen
- 95 g chocolate chips
- Place flour, salt, baking powder and sugar into a large mixing bowl. Whisk to mix well.
- In another bowl, add in egg and oil. Whisk well. Add in buttermilk to this mixture and whisk to combine well.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients from Step (1). Add in the wet ingredients and till the flour is just moistened. You might see lumps, it's ok. Just ensure there is no trace of white flour.
- Add in chocolate chips, mix lightly into the batter using a spatula or spoon. Now, add in raspberries and fold into the batter gently.
- Preheat oven to 200C. Spoon batter into greased or lined muffin pans, or muffin cups. Fill until 3/4 of the pan or cup.
- Bake in the preheated oven at 200C, for 15-18 mins. The muffins are baked when skewer inserted into the middle of muffin comes out clean.
- Cool completely on wire rack before storing in airtight container.
So there, if you like soft and fluffy muffins, PLEASE try these out!
They are soft, fluffy, and I love the tang from the raspberries! These muffins are not super sweet either. My toddler loves them!
You can replace the berries with other fruits of your own, like strawberries or blueberries. If you don’t like chocolate chips, you can also replace with some diced nuts.
Just customise your own! 🙂
QUESTIONS/FEEDBACK ABOUT THE RECIPE? FEEL FREE TO DROP YOUR COMMENT BELOW. CHECK OUT MY RECIPE INDEX FOR MORE RECIPES!