Last weekend, I made a mango mousse cake for the husband’s advance birthday celebration. I hardly make mousse cakes at all. In fact, the first (and only) mousse cake I have made is the chocolate mousse cake, for the toddler’s first birthday celebration at the in-law’s place.
I was hoping that the husband would love the cake, but he didn’t! He thinks that the creamy taste from the whipped cream is too much for him. Erm ok…..
若想阅读中文版本，请在网页的右边 “Google Translate” 点击选择 中文简体 (Chinese Simplified）或 繁体 (Chinese Traditional) 翻译。可能食谱读起来会怪怪的，所以如果有疑问都可以问哦！
Anyway, I guess that was because there wasn’t any sponge cake inside the mousse. I should have! I was feeling lazy, so I decided to use the ladyfinger biscuits that I bought from Phoon Huat. However, just before using, I realised it has expired! 🙁
So I decided to just make the mousse, and skip the sponge.
Thankfully I had some homemade granola . I just crushed them and mixed it with some coconut oil to make the “crust”.
This recipe from Helena’s Kitchen is quite good. In fact, I also realised that 1 of my friends is also using this recipe, so it must be good!
>> MORE YUMMILICIOUS CAKE RECIPES:
Mango Mousse Cake 芒果慕斯蛋糕
- 17 g Gelatine Powder
- 60 g Hot Water
- 350 g Whipping Cream
- 3 tbsp Icing Sugar
- 300 g Mango Puree
- 200 g to 220g Cubed Mango
- 1 tbsp Rum optional
Cake, sliced to thin layers, about 2 or 3
- 150 g mango puree
- 1 tbsp gelatine
- 4.5 tbsp boiling water
- In a large mixing bowl, whip the whipping cream with icing sugar to peaks. Once done, place in the fridge to chill. Otherwise it would melt.
- Dissolve gelatine powder in hot water, in a small bowl. When the gelatine is fully dissolved, add it to the mango puree. Add rum if you prefer. Mix well.
- Add this mango mixture to the whipped cream from Step (1). Mix well till incorporated.
- Wrap the bottom of your cake ring with cling wrap. Using a 17cm (7") cake ring, place a layer of cake and pour in the mango mousse. Make sure the mousse covers the corners of the cake ring.
- Add in mango cubes and cover them up with additional mousse. Let it set slightly for about 10 mins in the fridge.
- Remove from fridge after 10 mins. Place another piece of cake on top and pour in the remaining mousse. Let it set for 30-45 mins in the fridge.
- In the mean time, dissolve gelatine in hot water for mango puree topping. Mix in the mango puree and stir well.
- Pour the topping onto the set mousse carefully after 30-45 mins. Let the cake chill for at least 3 hours before removing the cake ring and decorate as you wish.