Made some baked donuts yesterday, and I was quite happy with how they turned out!
Baked donuts are slightly different from the deep fried ones. They are more like cake donuts, instead of bread-like fried donuts. Either way, I find them both yummy!
Buttermilk in this recipe helps keep the donuts moist and cakey. If you do not use buttermilk often, I’ve also included a tip on how to DIY buttermilk.
若想阅读中文版本，请在网页的右边 “Google Translate” 点击选择 中文简体 (Chinese Simplified）或 繁体 (Chinese Traditional) 翻译。可能食谱读起来会怪怪的，所以如果有疑问都可以问哦！
These Winnie the Pooh donuts are made 2 ways – one batch, I piped the facial details before baking; the other, I simply just decorated using dark and white chocolate. You probably can guess that I gave the chocolate free ones to the toddler hahah!
You can also see my previous chocolate glaze baked donuts here.
>> MORE SWEET RECIPES:
Winnie the Pooh Deco Baked Donuts
- 60 g oil or 30g melted butter + 30g oil
- 1 egg
- 60 g sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 120 ml buttermilk*
- 165 g plain flour
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Tumeric or pumpkin powder*
- Place oil and sugar into mixing bowl. Whisk well till bubbly.
- Add in egg, buttermilk, and vanilla extract. Whisk to combine well.
- Add in flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, tumeric or pumpkin powder. Whisk to lumpy and heavy batter.
- Preheat oven to 180C. Pipe batter into donut pan. Bake in preheated oven at 180C for about 7 mins, or until skewer inserted into donuts comes out clean.
- Let cool completely on wire rack before storing in air tight container, or decorating.