Made some baked donuts yesterday, and I was quite happy with how they turned out!
Baked donuts are slightly different from the deep fried ones. They are more like cake donuts, instead of bread-like fried donuts. Either way, I find them both yummy!
Buttermilk in this recipe helps keep the donuts moist and cakey. If you do not use buttermilk often, I’ve also included a tip on how to DIY buttermilk.
若想阅读中文版本，请在网页的右边 “Google Translate” 点击选择 中文简体 (Chinese Simplified）或 繁体 (Chinese Traditional) 翻译。可能食谱读起来会怪怪的，所以如果有疑问都可以问哦！
These Winnie the Pooh donuts are made 2 ways – one batch, I piped the facial details before baking; the other, I simply just decorated using dark and white chocolate. You probably can guess that I gave the chocolate free ones to the toddler hahah!
You can also see my previous chocolate glaze baked donuts here.
>> MORE SWEET RECIPES:
These mini deco baked donuts are cute, moist and cakey. Try them out!
- 60 g oil (or 30g melted butter + 30g oil)
- 1 egg
- 60 g sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 120 ml buttermilk*
- 165 g plain flour
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Tumeric or pumpkin powder*
- Place oil and sugar into mixing bowl. Whisk well till bubbly.
- Add in egg, buttermilk, and vanilla extract. Whisk to combine well.
- Add in flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, tumeric or pumpkin powder. Whisk to lumpy and heavy batter.
- Preheat oven to 180C. Pipe batter into donut pan. Bake in preheated oven at 180C for about 7 mins, or until skewer inserted into donuts comes out clean.
- Let cool completely on wire rack before storing in air tight container, or decorating.
120ml of buttermilk can be DIY by: place 1/2 tbsp of vinegar in measuring jug, top to 120ml with milk. Let stand for 5 mins before use. It will curdle slightly.
I used tumeric powder because I was running out of pumpkin powder. I used about 1/4 tsp, but as you can see, the color was not very obvious. Both tumeric powder and pumpkin powder can have some flavor, so if you want an obvious yellow, you might want to use some food coloring.
If you do not want to use dark chocolate for the facial details, simply mix in some charcoal powder into 2 tsp of batter. Pipe out details onto your mold, bake for 1 min before piping in the original batter to bake.
To decorate, melt white chocolate in a bowl over hot water. Add in pumpkin or tumeric powder and mix well. Let cool. Dip donuts in and shake off excess. Let them dry and decorate as you wish. Set in fridge for about 15 mins.
Recipe adapted from Recipe Rebel
- Category: Dessert, Snack