Do you remember this Killer Toast recipe, which became quite famous last year, started by Victoria Bakes?
I really love this easy and soft loaf of bread!
The recipe is quite convenient for me, as a busy mom. I usually would just leave it to the bread machine to knead the dough. After which, I’ll just take it out to punch out air and shape it, then leave in the bread pan to proof. Once done, just bake it in the oven.
若想阅读中文版本，请在网页的右边 “Google Translate” 点击选择 中文简体 (Chinese Simplified）或 繁体 (Chinese Traditional) 翻译。可能食谱读起来会怪怪的，所以如果有疑问都可以问哦！
What’s more interesting is that this loaf of bread yields a soft loaf, despite the easy method!
So if you’re a busy mum, or just want to try a no-hassle bread, try this out!
>> MORE BREAD RECIPES:
The bread is brownish as I’ve used quite a bit of wholemeal flour, as well as demerara sugar. If you are using just bread flour and white sugar, the loaf would be whiter.
- 230 g bread flour + 30g wholemeal flour or 260g bread flour
- 3 g instant yeast
- 160 g egg + full cream milk*
- 25 g sugar
- 2 g salt
- 30 g butter
- Mix all ingredients together and knead till you get a silky and elastic dough. Add butter and knead till window pane stage. (I am using Panasonic SD-P104, and the Menu 11, Dumpling Skin mode is enough. If you find that the dough is still not elastic enough and window pane, then you can add 1 more cycle, but probably stop halfway through)
- If you would like, divide the dough into portions as desired. Roll each dough out flat, swiss roll it up, and place into greased or lined bread loaf pan. Repeat for all portions of dough.
- Cover loaf pan and let dough proof to 90% of pan's height.
- Preheat oven to 170C. Bake in the preheated oven, on 2nd lowest rack for 20-25 mins.
- Cool completely on wire rack before storing in air tight container.
I have also made this same recipe using just white bread flour, which is much whiter. I also replaced the butter with coconut oil, and I love the subtle coconut scent!