I love mum hacks where we get food prepared quickly!
The other day, I saw this no-knead bread recipe by Mummy Yen Li. And I thought it was interesting! I realise most of the no-knead bread dough need to proof for long hours in the fridge. So I was happy to see that this requires just 2 hours!
Just note that the texture of the bread is slightly on the dry/crumbly side, perhaps more like scones. The texture also seemed to appeal more to toddlers!
若想阅读中文版本，请在网页的右边 “Google Translate” 点击选择 中文简体 (Chinese Simplified）或 繁体 (Chinese Traditional) 翻译。可能食谱读起来会怪怪的，所以如果有疑问都可以问哦！
My bread doesn’t look smooth because I was lazy to shape them nicely in Step (5), so don’t miss that out if you have time! 🙂
>> MORE TODDLER RECIPES:
Easy no-knead bread topped with yummy cheese and sugar. Great for toddlers!
- 75 g milk
- 130 g bread flour + 20g Prima superfine wholegrain flour*
- 15 g sugar
- 15 g milk powder
- 10–15 g Raisins ((soaked, pat dry and chopped))
- 1/2 egg ((reserve the other 1/2 in fridge for egg wash))
- 1/2 tsp instant yeast
- 17 g rice bran oil or unsalted butter
- 1 or 2 slices of unprocessed cheese
- Coarse sugar for sprinkling
- Mix all ingredients in a big bowl, till well combined.
- Cover the bowl with cling wrap, leaving a small hole for air flow.
- Keep the bowl in the fridge for min 2 hours. You can shape the dough any time after 2 hours.
- Remove dough from fridge and place on a well greased or floured working surface.
- Shape and roll into round dough and let rest for 5 mins.
Roll out the dough into rectangular shape. Cut dough into 12 pcs using a dough scrapper.
- Place the cut-out dough onto a lined baking tray.
Cover with cling wrap or damp tea towel, proof for 30-45 mins.
- Preheat oven to 170C. Cut the slice of cheese into desired size for topping. Egg wash the proofed dough, top with cheese, and sprinkle with coarse sugar.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 12-15 mins, or until light golden brown.
Don’t overbake (I did, so they turned out slightly drier).
- Remove baked bread from oven. Cool completely before storing in air tight container.
You can use 150g of bread flour if you do not have the superfine wholegrain flour.
During proofing, you can place the tray near any warm area (eg side of fridge or near stove if you are cooking) for more efficient proofing.
Recipe adapted from Yumilicious for My Princess
- Category: Bread, Breakfast, Snack